Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall my left fork seal started leaking. So I need to get that replaced. Figured I'd do the right side too as I have 52k on my 2002 1800C.

Do I replace the springs too as long as everything is apart?

If so, Progressive or RaceTech? RaceTech are supposed to be tailored to weight, worth the extra money?

Also, is my bike safe to ride the 25 miles to the dealer with the fork seal leaking?

Thanks!

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
Factory shocks and springs are, IMO, junk. I had progressives on my V65 with tapered bearings in the neck. That bike flowed around the corners. I didn't feel that much difference on straight rides. Progressive's are springs with progressively tighter wound springs at one end. Not that expensive, but your apart already so might as well. I'll do progressives when my seals go.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I originally replaced the stock springs with Progressives but found it was still a bit mushy. Recently replaced the Progressives with Race Tech springs and emulators. Big difference. Not that much difference in price on the springs. Don't know about the emulators for an 1800 - if I remember right, only one fork is damped instead of both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts