Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it looks pretty cool and I can see a lot of potential in this bike. Pipes and a rear fender kit comes to mind. They did a great job at hiding the radiator from the side view too. :thumbup: The only thing I can say I hate is the rear fender. It needs to follow the lines of the wheel. They made the same mistake with the Rune too. That can be fixed.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I like it too, however I think it would like it with more chrome. I agree about the rear fender, maybe it needs more tire or lowered.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
dissapointed....and its a little to late..but deffinitly after market parts potential!!

start off by chucking them ugly pipes for starters.......

the biggest i see selling in after market is chrome frame rails!!!!!!!! and a fat tire set up

the bike is a little old school....bare and simple...

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Engine should have been painted black! Those reflectors look like a sore pencil and should be the second thing removed after the tank stickers. I do hate that void but boy adjusting the valves on that front can is going to be a snap:lol: Never liked black wheels but those do look nice especially with the color of the bike which ain't bad either. FI on the 13 engine should make a lot of folks happy and put an additional amount of snap on this machine with the reported less weight. Fix the back end with a bigger tire and get rid of all the hang me down crap on the fender and I would say it's not bad at all especially for Honda. I think next year we will see a bigger engine and redsigned VTX or something named different. At least this is a start:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Not disappointed at all, looks pretty good.

start off by chucking them ugly pipes for starters.......
doesn't everybody lose the stock pipes on ANY cruiser??

the biggest i see selling in after market is chrome frame rails!!!!!!!! and a fat tire set up
tastes, like opinions vary... the aftermarket is always tapped by bike owners.

the bike is a little old school....bare and simple
That's a GOOD thing. :)

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Not bad looking. Not something I would ever buy as I never was a fan of the neck high up in the air, big empty space over engine chopper look ala OCC.
A pro street would have been much more appealing. Tank looks nice, capacity probably not an issue for that type of bike (bar hopper).

I'm more interested in what I can steal off that bike and put on mine (wheels, front end??) :lol:

It will be interesting to see how much power the FI adds....probably only a few HP though.

·
Old Goat
25,645 Posts
Dont care for it, the mistake they made was not asking the people who may actually buy the bike, hell you guys build better looking bikes . IMHO and . 02 have a good one

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A blacked out motor would be nice. Who knows maybe that will be an option. Pipe's? Everyone changes the pipes anyway. If this was my bike I would do a fat tire kit, pipes, detal the motor and paint. Other than that it looks pretty cool to me. I don't care how big the tank is, this is not a cross country ride away. Oh and I got to tell you a 1300 has a much better sound than a 1800 IMHO.:doorag:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I like the thoughts of FI for the 1300 and that is all I see. I would not be interested in the Fury except for the first glance at the real thing. Ok my dimes up!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like it. It will probably look much better in person!

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
good, now I dont have to go to NY this weekend

meh

never been my thing.

i would like to see if the FI will swap onto my motor. I dont see it being a hard thing to do.

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
:thumbup: could make a nice bike with this....

I just bet with a little bracket mod a set of BuBs off a 1300c would fit that thing....

tomb

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That rear fender sure has a lot of extra space. I'm wondering if Honda used their heads and gave owners the option for a much larger tire with zero modification? We will soon find out, I suspect....

Next question, is it in the VTX family? Since it uses the VTX motor does that mean we have to referr to it as a VTX relative? Is it one of us? :yikes: LOL

Spike, do we have to create a new folder for this second cousin-of-a-bike here on VTXOA?? :D

Welcome to the family Junior!

G

·
0 Posts
Well, I like it. I think the pipes look good, too. I agree with taking off the reflectors, etc...but at least in this picture, the badging is minimal. I'd also lose the passenger seat and rear pegs.

·
Super Moderator
64,040 Posts
The problem with the rear fender with that style softtail swingarm is it either has to sit way up there to provide adequate room for swingarm travel like the Fury does, or it has to be attached to the swingarm to hug the wheel and either have no passenger pad or build something like the little passenger perch like the Rocker. No passenger place would follow Honda's Rune design, make it a solo ride. The solo concept would have worked better on this Fury than it did on the Rune, that's for sure

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The problem with the rear fender with that style softtail swingarm is it either has to sit way up there to provide adequate room for swingarm travel like the Fury does, or it has to be attached to the swingarm to hug the wheel and either have no passenger pad or build something like the little passenger perch like the Rocker. No passenger place would follow Honda's Rune design, make it a solo ride. The solo concept would have worked better on this Fury than it did on the Rune, that's for sure
Not really. The Titian has more of the look I would like to see in a softtail.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts