Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my grips. Most of the 1 inch one that come with a sleeve like
say they fit Harleys, but will they fit my 1800R ? Will any 1" grip with push pull sleeve work ?

·
Old Goat
24,161 Posts
I’m a big fan of Big Bike Comfort grips...but I dont know if they make them anymore....VTX stuff is getting hard to come by....good luck
I havent found them listed for VTx..but have found them listed for 1” bars...in the past...

The comfort grips came with a left and throttle side...the throttle side just slid over the OEM sleeve...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
63,576 Posts
No, Harley grips will not work, the cable connections are different. I had Harley grips on my VTX but I had to have Barnett make them with Honda barrels on the engine end and HD barrels on the grip end

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Try these www.coolsac.com. The stock throttle sleeve is re-used. I had my first set for eight years before needing replaced. A bit pricey but very comfy on the hands

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Mike, I have put the Kury Kinetics grips on both bikes, 1300 and 1800. They have always worked very well. Simple and easy to install.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The Throttle Boss also works with the Kury Kinetics grips.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I used Kury grips for years. Went with the Avon grips now, they feel air filled and not as bulky as the Kury ISO's. It seems the ISO grips rubber always hardened over time.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Tedly, Curt, everybody.:thumbup: I just ordered a pair of Kury 6240 1" ISO grips.
shows them on a VTX 1800 - should work.

Im not sure why my hyperlinks are funky now

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here in Florida never had luck with any glue inside grips,.. I just wet the inside with carb cleaner and slide on. Holds great for me.

·
Old Goat
24,161 Posts
FYI...I used soapy water on clutch side...golf grip tape on throttle side ...grip tape is more forgiving ..if removal needed.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey they look good. Hope you like them.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Iso grips are great. Have the same set on my bike for 15 years now and they are still intact after 115.000km.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts