Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, and thank you for letting me join your forum. I also just signed up on the VTX Cafe forum, and this is a copy/paste of my intro there. (ok, perhaps I'm a bit lazy to "2 finger type" all of this again ). LOL
Anyway, here goes...

My name is Ron, I'm 61 years old, and I live in Phoenix / East Valley Arizona.

I'm a life long "gear-head", and enjoy a few various hobbies. I have owned many bikes over the years, but it has been quite a while since I have done any riding.
My late brother, who I dearly miss, used to ride a VTX 1800 and he LOVED that beautiful bike.
I have been wanting to get back on a bike and enjoy some wind in my face again, and as perhaps a bit of a homage to him, I have been looking at some used VTX's.

I am not very familiar with the VTX's other than seeing his, and I did ride it a couple of times.
WOW! what a Fantastic machine that was !

I do have a local one in particular, that I have already looked at, and I am seriously considering buying.
I have been surfing around the web, Youtube, and a couple of forums, trying to learn as much as I can on them.
I came across this forum and it seems there are many knowledgeable folks here.

One post from quite a few years ago caught my eye. It was from a member here who goes by the name Tazman.
He stated that he is a Certified Tech, and seemed to be very familiar with some of the particulars and details regarding VTX maintenance, repairs, "weak links" etc., AND,... He said he is in the PHX area.

I would VERY MUCH like to speak with him if he is still around here, and perhaps (if he is willing), to have him possibly take a look at this bike before I buy it. I would gladly pay for his time to do a quick look at the bike and advise me as to whether it is a good solid safe and reliable bike.

Can someone here point me in the right direction to possibly contact him ?
Thank you for your time,
Cheers, and Ride Safe !

Ron

·
Registered
2008 1300T
1,231 Posts
Welcome Ron. There are many experts on this forum. It looks like @Taz-man hasn’t been active since 2017.

Good luck with your search/purchase.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom noises.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts

Double ASE Certified Master mechanic offering quality "Meticulous" service, name-brand parts and accessories at a discounted price.

V-TWIN METRIC SPORT DIRT ATV. Appointments only. Ask for Taz @ 602-796-7076 or [email protected]
Typo ---"o" missing on motor on the email link.
(602) 796-7076 Peoria,AZ

I see he has a few pictures of VTX.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
Hans -IS- the MAN! If he can't help you no one can!

• Haha
Reactions: Hans&Feet

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Hello Everyone, and thank you for letting me join your forum. I also just signed up on the VTX Cafe forum, and this is a copy/paste of my intro there. (ok, perhaps I'm a bit lazy to "2 finger type" all of this again ). LOL
Anyway, here goes...

I'm a life long "gear-head", and enjoy a few various hobbies. I have owned many bikes over the years, but it has been quite a while since I have done any riding.
My late brother, who I dearly miss, used to ride a VTX 1800 and he LOVED that beautiful bike.
I have been wanting to get back on a bike and enjoy some wind in my face again, and as perhaps a bit of a homage to him, I have been looking at some used VTX's.

I am not very familiar with the VTX's other than seeing his, and I did ride it a couple of times.

I do have a local one in particular, that I have already looked at, and I am seriously considering buying.
I have been surfing around the web, Youtube, and a couple of forums, trying to learn as much as I can on them.

One post from quite a few years ago caught my eye. It was from a member here who goes by the name Tazman.
He stated that he is a Certified Tech, and seemed to be very familiar with some of the particulars and details regarding VTX maintenance, repairs, "weak links" etc., AND,... He said he is in the PHX area.

I would VERY MUCH like to speak with him if he is still around here, and perhaps (if he is willing), to have him possibly take a look at this bike before I buy it. I would gladly pay for his time to do a quick look at the bike and advise me as to whether it is a good solid safe and reliable bike.

Thank you for your time,
Cheers, and Ride Safe !

Ron
Good Luck from the east valley! A good mechanic is hard to find.

·
Registered
2007 Honda VTX 1300 R
4 Posts
Anyway, here goes...

Thank you for your time,
Cheers, and Ride Safe !

Ron
HI! I am new here myself. Just picked up a VTX two days ago out in Surprise. Hope to see you on the road. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the replies and especially to Hans for the contact info.
I spoke with Tazman today and we had a great conversation sharing stories and talking various bikes we've both had over the years.
We will be meeting next weekend and he is going with me to do a professional check out and depending on what he sees, I'd say there is a 90+% chance that the bike will be coming home with us.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Howdy from Texax and welcome to the club!
Those are great pictures, wishing you good luck with the purchase and millions of trouble-free riding!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts