Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for anyone from Jersey that might be able to help me out. I purchased a 2003 1800C with 1800 miles on it. It came with HK pipes a hypercharger, and a PC-III already installed.
When I 1st got the bike it was a little hard to start. it would usually kick on the 3rd try. I checked the plugs(stock) and they were indeed fouled.
I changed to NGK plugs and it fired right up 1st try. After approx 300 miles, I'm getting back to the same problem. It will fire usually after the 2nd try, but I have to believe it is running rich. I have no clue how to adjust the PC-III and I don't want to make things worse. And I definately don't want to keep changing plugs. It runs great once out on the road. No decel popping or anything of that sort.
So is anyone kind of local that may be able to lend a fellow "X"er a hand?

BEER WILL BE ON HAND IF NEED BE.

Thanks
Dave
Manahawkin (New Jersey) exit 67

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just it. I have no idea. I bought the bike used from a harley dealer who had no clue.

I don't even understand how to load a program or what it all entails. My last bike had carbs.

This map I have loaded must be descent, as the bike seems fine other than problems starting, and a rich smell. I have to assume it needs to be a little leaner. Especially with the blackened plugs.

How do you go about loading a map? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dave, it's not hard to load a map. You would need a lap top or you can disconnect the pc3 and bring it into the house. First off you must have the USB cable that came with the PC3. If you don't have that then you need to get it or find someone that has it. I live pretty far from you, but a bunch of the guys from NJXERiders live near you and probably can load a map within a minute or so. If you want to take a ride up to exit 123 off the GSP I'll load the map for you. Power commander haas a map for the HK's that is on their website. That's the one that I use and I have a Thunder Intake. Never had a problem. My bet is that you have the wrong map. PM me on the NJXRiders site if you want to hook up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts