Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for anyone from Jersey that might be able to help me out. I purchased a 2003 1800C with 1800 miles on it. It came with HK pipes a hypercharger, and a PC-III already installed.
When I 1st got the bike it was a little hard to start. it would usually kick on the 3rd try. I checked the plugs(stock) and they were indeed fouled.
I changed to NGK plugs and it fired right up 1st try. After approx 300 miles, I'm getting back to the same problem. It will fire usually after the 2nd try, but I have to believe it is running rich. I have no clue how to adjust the PC-III and I don't want to make things worse. And I definately don't want to keep changing plugs. It runs great once out on the road. No decel popping or anything of that sort.
So is anyone kind of local that may be able to lend a fellow "X"er a hand?

Thanks
Dave
Manahawkin (New Jersey) exit 67

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
You could try the New Jersey forum:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40

And I think they have their own separate board with another forum as well.

You definitely sound rich, if you can't get help go to the Power Commander site and do some research on programming and working with the unit. If you can figure out how to plug it in, download and upload maps, etc it'll make it easier for guys not in your area to offer help. :wink:

·
Registered
203 Posts
When I was thinking about getting a custom map someone had told me there's a harley dealer in the Langhorn that is suppose to be really good and that he would also do maps for our bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts