Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just installed a set of LED turn signals on my X. I installed the load equalizer. I have a '04 C model, and I was wondering if I need to install the diode kit for the indicator light. What purpose does this diode serve for that light. Thanks for the input.

·
Super Moderator
64,210 Posts
Sometimes the power will "bleed" through the signal light on the dash and it will light up the opposite signal a little. Say you hit the right hand turn signal, the left hand signals will light up too, just dimmer. Why? Because LEDs need very little power to light up and the bleed through power from the single dash light it will light up the other side

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Also if you put in the LEDs to reduce power draw you pretty much negated that savings when you put in the load equalizers. I put in the LEDs and yes, there was bleed over and they acted really weird. Got a couple of diodes from Jon and I installed them in well under an hour. Works great and power saved for acc. or heated gear. Info is on the how to board.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
The diode is for bikes with only one turn indicator light on the dash.
Yes, that would be the C model as he asked. Diode fix was designed for this model.

·
Registered
172 Posts
leds

What does the equalizer do. I just installed some kurys on the rear without the equalizer seems to work ok?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts