Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I know this is more of a tech thing but it applies to both bikes so I thought I'd post it here. I'm going to be installing some Custom Dynamics rear LEDs with both amber/red so my rear signals will be run/brake/turn while maintaining the proper color. I also purchased their smart signal stabilizer so I should get the power benefits of the LEDs and not have to use load resistors. I will have to modify the LED mount to get it to fit in but hopefully I'll remember to take pictures to post on here.

In the background is some plastic sleeve and the Honda brake and turn connectors. I'm going to build my own wiring harness so that everything is plug and play with no tapping into any wires.

Honda really made this difficult with that goofy flasher relay but this is going to be a fun project.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finished it up last night. It was more work than I thought it would be but so far I love the results. There's no way that someone won't be able to see me with my break lights on now!

The hardest part ended up being running the 2 wires for the break/run lights. One turned out to not be long enough so I spliced a new set of wires in. I also had to remove more of the mounting board for the light than I thought I would but it fits snugly and looks good with the cap on.

Note: The pic with the lights on are just running. The camera doesn't really do a good job showing how freakin bright they are when the break is applied.

The only thing I'm not really happy with is with the break on, it gets difficult to see the turn signal. With just the running on, it's easy to see.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts