Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Member From Maryland/UPDATE

Just picked up an abandoned 2003 Honda VTX 1800 ( S ) in fairly good shape...No prior history about it...No Title or keys...With only 14,000+ miles on the clock and a really cheap price...I couldn't say no...A friend bought a house and it was in the basement...Police ran the Vin# and it came back clean...They told him he was
free to get another title or sell it as is...So we made a deal...It will be delivered this Sunday 02/01/15. The Police told him that because it was inside it was really good for him...neither one of us knows why that was important...Anybody Know why...? Also , looking for a cheap service manual for this ( S ) model bike...If you
have any tips on this bike or manual...I'm all ears...Hopefully, I can get this beast running again...I may end up selling my current ride...A 2000 Vulcan 1500 E3 with a CVK40 Carb with 25XXX miles on it...May keep them both...but I doubt it...Later

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI....I have what I think is some good news about the find of a life time...I remove the rust from the tank...replace the fuel pump, filter and lines...The weather was nice enough to go out and do some work...Did a good ground mod...Was going to do a Desmog Mod...But decided I wanted to see how she would run...So I put the tank on...put in some fresh gas with a half can of seafoam in the gas...She fired up like she was running yesterday...not sitting with gas in the tank for 5 years or more...I had a smile from ear to ear...I put the bike in a trailer and tow it to a friends good size farm...drove it around the farm awhile to get it up to temperature...It does have an issue...every time
I came to a stop it would die and sound rough running...but when I got to the higher rpm's it ran better...I didn't replace the fuel pressure regulator...thought about it but I hate to throw money at a bike...until I'm sure the part is bad...I read to check the FPR if gas come out it bad...Right ??? What line do I need to pull...The smaller on top or the bigger one on the bottom...? I'm working on getting a title soon...I track down the name title owner on file at the DMV and if he is a man of his word...I should have the title by next week...I feel like a detective...what a job with only a Vin # to
go on...this beast was abandoned years ago...I see light at the end of the tunnel...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts