Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Honda Vtx 1800 c
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo from Romania!!!Happy to join you as I am in need of advices, tips and etc just to explore and take my vtx 1800 in his next level.A little bit here,a little bit there,just to give me this wonderful feeling of being a biker who's taking care of his bike.51 years old,got my vtx 5 years ago,time for some custom works.

· Registered
13,640 Posts
Hallo from Romania!!!Happy to join you as I am in need of advices, tips and etc just to explore and take my vtx 1800 in his next level.A little bit here,a little bit there,just to give me this wonderful feeling of being a biker who's taking care of his bike.51 years old,got my vtx 5 years ago,time for some custom works.
Welcome from central Pa. USA, high atop the Alleghenies. Before customizing, make sure all preventive maintenances are done for your safety and others, and to increase your riding satisfaction. All fluids should be changed every 2-3 years for optimal performance. A fully functional battery is critical for best performance, so after a slow charge, remove it and get it 100AMP load-tested . That will tell you if you have a weak cell, or more. Read up on the "Ground Fix". Honda painted over the grounding points, and over the years, they corrode, causing bad grounds. The 02-03 models have developed a TON of problems with the FPR, or fuel pressure regulator. The little diaphragm develops cracks, letting fuel into the crankcase, resulting in poor performance. Around $40-$50 US to replace. 2 little bolts, a couple clamps to change it. Some have had problems with the rear flange bearings wearing prematurely. If it locks up, big trouble. Some have had clutch slippage at highway speeds in 4th, 5th gear. Improving the lighting with LED takes a little of the electrical load off the stator and charging system, allowing you to add things like heated riding gear, big stereo's & amplifiers. Any questions you have, there are a great bunch of folks here to assist.

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,932 Posts
Hello and Good Day from IOWA.
Nice to have you.
You will find answers here.
And you can share your tips with us.

· Registered
14,807 Posts
Hello Gelu, welcome to the VTXOA!
What year was your 1800C built? VIN label on the left downtube.
On the page to the far right with 3 dots is "Site navigation" has a gallery of photos.
In the beginning are the photos from Lamont, original site owner, fabricator.1038PSP awesome
His custom VTX. 1DSC03219s

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,932 Posts
Hello Gelu, welcome to the VTXOA!
What year was your 1800C built? VIN label on the left downtube.
On the page to the far right with 3 dots is "Site navigation" has a gallery of photos.
In the beginning are the photos from Lamont, original site owner, fabricator.1038PSP awesome
His custom VTX. 1DSC03219s
Lamont has sone super machines.. King Cobra had a really dedicated machine also. His etched windscreen with less was sweet.

· Registered
3,960 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome to the club.
Where in Romania?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts