Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Signed up a couple weeks ago, and just getting around to saying hello.

From Portland Oregon,

Have been riding now for 2 years. I have learned tons off these forums. So thanks in advance for those that diligently mod and participate.

I have an 2006 1300C. They are great bikes.

Post #1 Lol.

Best to all
10Ring

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Smufy, here is the "short" answer - "Freedom Perfomance"

The long answer is this >> They are located in California, a google search brings up their website, which doesn't provide much besides contact info.

Freedom Perfomance is the only company I found that still offered a full exhaust option for VTX's . Cobra has slip ons, but I liked the look of the 2 into 1 single pipe better, and when I got the bike, it still had the factory pipes and was too quiet.

To further inform, I googled and read lots of reviews on all the forums, which turned up quite a few negative reviews, so I was "REALLY" unsure about their product, but decided what the hell, it's only $$

Thus far, I have nothing to complain about. The sound is really good, the look is good, the install and brackets fit right and are plenty stout, and I am happy. No complaints about the product. They also offer a "quiet" baffle which I ordered. It reduced the rumble by about 1/2. I like both and can't make up my mind which is better. Either way, the sound is good.

Freedom Perfomance can be found on JP Cycles, Dennis Kirk, Revzilla etc.. If you want to buy directly, they will sell directly, I'm not sure if they have full time people dedicated to sales, but I had no problems.

I didn't want to give you a long answer. lol
10Ring

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The exhaust if from Freedom Perfomance

The sound is good. They offer a quiet baffle as an option. I ordered it and cant make up my mind which I like better. Has a meat and potatos sound, not hollow and tinny at all.

Freedom perfomance was the only company I found that made a full exhaust. Cobra has slip ons, but I like the 2 into 1 pipe look better. Kind of spendy at $750, but it's only money. They can be ordered directly, of from a 3rd party retailer, (JP Cycles, etc) but the company don't seem to have a dedicated sales staff. But I was taken care of.

Be well

10Ring

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The exhaust is from Freedom Perfomance, they were the only company I could find that made full exhaust system. And Cobra makes a slip on. But I liked the look of the 2 into 1 pipe.

The stock exhaust was just to quiet, but these have a meat and potato sound, not hollow or tinny. It has a quiet baffle as an option. I have that it cuts the noise to about 1/2. I can't make up my mind which I like better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts