Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 1300 for about 6 months. Previously was on a Shadow vt700. I'm 6'5" and 260lbs for I needed the upgrade. Love the VTX! I bought mine with about 29K and now almost at 31K miles. I've only been riding for about a year and a half and I'm a late bloomer at 41 lol.

I bought the VTX with a windshield, hypercharger and bags already on. I am looking for new bags since the ones on her are old and torn. I keep going back and forth on crash bars (highway bars). For now though I live with the frame mounted pegs. I upgraded the seat to a Mustang seat which I bought from a member of another forum who has since passed. I have been a member of that forum since I purchased the bike and figured I might want to join here as well.

Hope to keep the rubber side down. Ride safe everyone

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia. Like Hans&Feet said, the VTX is a great choice. Picked up a 2007 1800 S3 in September, 2016 with 11,419 and just rolled over to 30K last week. Still love the power and the ride. And 41 isn't a late bloomer to me since I bought my first bike at 62. Great people here with lots of knowledge to share. Enjoy the ride and welcome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome. Also had a 1986 vt honda shadow.Great bike
Mine was also an '86. Great little bike but seriously wasn't a good fit for me

Thanks everyone! I've learned a lot about the VTX on this and the other forum. I can't wait until next spring to really put some miles on her. This year was spent mostly getting the bike fluids and everything changed since who knows what the previous owner did or did not do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts