Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. Picked up a clean ‘93 VTX 1300 and taking the time to go over everything. Wondering if there are any other owners in this area. Haven’t ridden in 20 years at age 61 on a Sporster. Going to take my time single and then double with my bride next summer. Looking for tips. Thanks for any responses in advance. Alan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Howdy all. Picked up a clean ‘93 VTX 1300 and taking the time to go over everything. Wondering if there are any other owners in this area. Haven’t ridden in 20 years at age 61 on a Sporster. Going to take my time single and then double with my bride next summer. Looking for tips. Thanks for any responses in advance. Alan
I meant at age 41. I am 61 now.

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
Hello Alan, welcome to the VTXOA! N5VAB de KC4YOJ.
I hope your VTX 1300 is a 2003 model because none existed before that.
2003 is the "only" year a 1300 had an electronic FP.
There is a Step by Step board that has info

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Welcome from McAllen Texas.

N5VAB .... N8BSJ ( Ohio ) mobile (5)

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I'll make that $5.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Alan, welcome to the VTXOA! N5VAB de KC4YOJ.
I hope your VTX 1300 is a 2003 model because none existed before that.
2003 is the "only" year a 1300 had an electronic FP.
There is a Step by Step board that has info
It is an ‘03. Running gravity feed but have a pump to install. It was stored a long time. Thanks for the info fellow ham. 73s

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
Do not use the FP. Not needed.
My opinon -- Some engineering person carried over the FP from 1100 Sabre/Shadow(high carbs)
to 1300. Corrected, 2004 and later are gravity fed.
A vacuum controlled petcock was added to prevent gas from leaking from carb if float did not
shut off. You would manually shut off the petcock---especially important
if a water heater is in the same space as a MC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn’t realize all years were gravity except this 2003. Yes the seller had gone to gravity feed and included a new fuel pump for me to install. The petcock was left on and gas in the oil which I changed with filter. I think replacing the petcock with a vacuum one and sticking with no pump is what I will stick with. Thank you for your response. You have been a great help.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Oh yes, Hans is always great help! (y)
If you need help, you can summon him by saying his name in front of a mirror 3 times.

Welcome to the club of VTX addicts. We are here to support each other's addiction. :D You will love yours, guaranteed.
If you find your way down to CTX (Central TX), LMK, maybe we can go on a ride or chat over a beer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello from Ft. Worth.......How ur doing...How's ur mama and them...has ur sister had that baby yet ? Having fun with u, when I'm out in country on the bike ,I pull that some times getting gas .I had them say...You know my mama...lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yes, Hans is always great help! (y)
If you need help, you can summon him by saying his name in front of a mirror 3 times.

Welcome to the club of VTX addicts. We are here to support each other's addiction. :D You will love yours, guaranteed.
If you find your way down to CTX (Central TX), LMK, maybe we can go on a ride or chat over a beer.
(y) (y) ......post a pic...I would pay a $1.00 to see a 93.....good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts