Honda VTX Forum banner

New member, just saying hey, and question about a windshield

Tags
windshield
384 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kmitchrog 
#1 ·
Hey all,

New to the board but have enjoyed reading over other threads. I live just north of Cartersville Ga, bought a 2002 1800 VTX last week. So hello and maybe someone has some insight here, the windshield on the bike looks like it has some opaque spots on it, like a coating or something has worn off in spots. Is there a way to recondition it? Or am I better off just being a new shield?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Welcome...I moved your thread from the "How To-Step-by-Step" board, where threads showing How To do stuff should, to the 1800 Tech board where your questions should go. ;)

As far as your shield, it would help a great deal if we had a picture of the shield as there are going to be different answers for each brand of shield. If it's a Hondaline windshield, you can just buy a new plastic shield to swap out the old from Cruisers | Clearview Shields

If it is another brand well we can suggest fixes for them too

#4 ·
Welcome...I moved your thread from the "How To-Step-by-Step" board, where threads showing How To do stuff should, to the 1800 Tech board where your questions should go. ;)

As far as your shield, it would help a great deal if we had a picture of the shield as there are going to be different answers for each brand of shield. If it's a Hondaline windshield, you can just buy a new plastic shield to swap out the old from Cruisers | Clearview Shields

If it is another brand well we can suggest fixes for them too
Thanks, I honestly didnt think to put the post in the right thread.
Clearview makes replacement shields but you have to identify what brand mounts you have. They are very good to work with, and after a few calls they were able to convince me to get a replacement for my Hondaline. Super happy with it. I don't think they sell mounts with their shields.
Cool, that may be the route I go, thought I would try Meguiar's G12310 PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish, as a cheap fix, then maybe get a replacement if that doesnt work. Also gonna attempt painting the tank and fenders, last guy did a homemade job and it needs work. I figure what's the worst that can happen? I screw it up then pay someone else to redo it :D

#3 ·
Clearview makes replacement shields but you have to identify what brand mounts you have. They are very good to work with, and after a few calls they were able to convince me to get a replacement for my Hondaline. Super happy with it. I don't think they sell mounts with their shields.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.