Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well how was everybodies fourth???Do we all still have ten little pinkies,from shooting off all those fireworks??
I had to open the store so we got a late start//we headed out with no particular destination,but we ended up close enuf to J&P to swing by and pick up a shirt I been wanting//Yeah they were open!!!
Any way Dave and I ran into a nice guy there with a 1800R.His name is Don and he is from Urbana north of C.R. He has been a X rider since Feb,and just returned from the Smoky Mountain Run.
I told him about ou group,about the board and the wealth of info and told him Dave and Kim would be his closest contact. He retired lost his wife about 6 yrs ago and just want to make friends and ride.I told him hed fit right in//his bike is ORANGE!! Hope he looks us up!! told him Id give him an intro!!Later

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
thats excellent I hope he pops on here for sure. We dont have anyone local on a Orange bike yet I dont think either!

Did dave get the saddle bags modified? If so did he have any problems with thoes acorn nuts at all? I had an issue with the style he got today on another part and will be ordering the next ones from a different source that has them forged not just CAPED! pisses me off the SAE ones are all forged and hvy duty and the metric ones the idiots tacked a cap dome over the nut. Well i broke a couple of them off on a project today. The bolts I was using were to long so it was my fault anyway but still....

have a good one and Ill let you know via email tonight if we are able to go tomorrow for sure, a work issue has come up that I may have to deal with in the morning.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave Shady,
Thanks for hooking me up with the hardware to do that saddle bag mod.It worked out good. The acorns did seem to bottom out all the way tight and so far no popped top.Let me know when get the forged nuts in and I'll replace these. Huh, go figure two piece acorns.You'd think that the manufacturing cost would be higher building them this way.

Hey everybody when I was in Shady's store, I noticed that he has a great selection of stainless and chrome metric fasteners.Check it out!!!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
kewl Ill get some of the better nuts from the OTHER chrome verndor I deal with and swap them out with you.

Glad you got it done it does make it easier thats 4 sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts