Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I at one time had a 2003 Honda VTX 1300 and was a member here under a different account which I cannot remember credentials. I have been riding a Kawasaki Voyager 1700 for the last couple years. There may be a 2005 VTX 1800 with about 35,000km being added to my stable, but I know little about them. Anything that I should be looking for? Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Hey all, I at one time had a 2003 Honda VTX 1300 and was a member here under a different account which I cannot remember credentials. I have been riding a Kawasaki Voyager 1700 for the last couple years. There may be a 2005 VTX 1800 with about 35,000km being added to my stable, but I know little about them. Anything that I should be looking for? Thanks for any input.
Welcome back Mikey. How did you like your 1700 Voyager ? If Honda had done something like that with the VTX 1800 they might still be producing them, 6 speed, cruise, factory integrated hard bags, fairing and all the other goodies from the factory.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the Voyager, but it was definitely a noticeable difference in weight at 900 pounds dry. It’s a dream on long trips, handles great in the twisties even for a big machine, but I do miss the VTX in the city. If I do pull the trigger on this VTX 1800, the Voyager will not be going anywhere...well it will actually be going everywhere, but with me on it! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts