Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to drop a line and say hello to all my fellow VTX riders and make a quick introduction.

My name is Chris and my wife and I live here in Ottawa but I work in Olathe and we both enjoy riding together as much as possible but having a 5 year old means we don't always get to enjoy the ride together so more me then her but we both love to hit the road as much as possible. I ride a black '03 1800 Retro with a few too many mods to list but anways we look forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully get out and ride together sometime. Do many of you make it to the annual Bikers for Babies run in KC?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Welcome aboard. I've never made it up there. To tell the truth the furthest east I've been on the x is Topeka.
I know what you mean about the time, I have a 10 year old and it doesn't seem right to take off as much as I would like to. I've gotten over 21K on the bike in less than 3 years, though.
Could you make the Flinthills Freedom run this Saturday in Wamego?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Welcome LTSRIDE. I too have the same problem but wouldn't give up being a dad for anything. We have a 5 y/o daughter and two boys 16 and 13. Hard to get time to ride much of anywhere. Farthest I have ever ridden the X is to Ponca City last year on my birthday. Hope to meet you one of these times before long. Check some of the other entries on this board as some of us are trying to get together every once in awhile to ride. Seeing more and more X's in the Wichita area all the time.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
welcome...I live in Shawnee & go to the Bikers for babies....quite a sight, just make sure you're comfortable riding in a large group ;) and you'll have a great time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jss52 said:
welcome...I live in Shawnee & go to the Bikers for babies....quite a sight, just make sure you're comfortable riding in a large group ;) and you'll have a great time.
Shawnee isn't too far, I work there in Olathe and my wife and I have went to B4B the last 2 years and have had a great time even though both years we have gotten wet!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
deersleigher said:
Welcome aboard. I've never made it up there. To tell the truth the furthest east I've been on the x is Topeka.
I know what you mean about the time, I have a 10 year old and it doesn't seem right to take off as much as I would like to. I've gotten over 21K on the bike in less than 3 years, though.
Could you make the Flinthills Freedom run this Saturday in Wamego?

I wish I could have but this weekend was my son's birthday party. How was the ride though?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I enjoyed the ride there and back. The poker run is harder to like, though. It is done in parade style and you ride in a pack for the whole thing. It takes a lot longer than it would if you were on your own. I do like seeing some new roads that I probably wouldn't find otherwise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.