Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.

I just learned about this site the other day from an eBay seller I had questioned about shipping costs. Figured I could pick up because I live near them, and they told me about this site. Thanks Vixen!

I live in Elgin and I ride an 02' VTX1800 as well as a 99' VTR1000. I finished all my custom work on my sportbike last year so I picked up the VTX as my new project. Wanting to get away from sportbikes anyway.

While alot of the work has been completed on my X I have been looking around for someone who can paint. I bought a new fender for my bike and need a bit of touchup work done and a new coat of paint laid down. It's basic black, no special Honda paints or anything. I was hoping someone here would know a local who can offer a good price and good service.

Anyway, hope to meet some of you soon and appreciate any suggestions about painters!

DJ

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Welcome to the group. Hope you will hook up for some rides this year. This is the best group I have ever been part of, you didnt just find a group you found a family of bikers.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi DJ,

Glad to see you joined! As for the seat on ebay, someone else bid on it tonight so we'll have to let the auction play out instead of ending it early. Good luck if you decide to bid.

Regarding the paint question, actually my husband is getting his bike painted as we speak by someone he works with that paints show cars and bikes on the side. I will have Pete send you a message tomorrow with his contact information.

Hope to meet you on a ride soon!

Ashli

·
Registered
786 Posts
You'll find a ton of help here. From first rate freinds. Be sure to watch for the next TWT. Do the meet and greet. I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
63,762 Posts
Painters, Tim Alcalde www.alcaldecustoms.com I've won over $10,000 in cash&prizes with the help of his paintwork. 8)
Here is a shot of the lightning that is ghosted under the base of House of Kolor candy burple over galaxy black. The lightning changes color as you move around the bike and one bolt will disappear while another comes out of the paint.

Here's a side shot of the design he came up with after hearing me say anything, just no flames please.

Here are just a few of the trophies I've won, including a "Best Paint of Show"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts