Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all fellow VTX owners. I'm a new member here in Tucson, AZ with a just purchased 2005 Honda VTX1300 that had 14,700 miles on it. The VTX1300 is a nice solid feeling bike with great power. After looking at Yamaha Vstar 1100 and their problems I opted for the Honda VTX1300 and I'm glad I did. I'II be mainly interested servicing section,so I can do most of my own maintenance. Thanks to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
13,640 Posts
Hello to all fellow VTX owners. I'm a new member here in Tucson, AZ with a just purchased 2005 Honda VTX1300 that had 14,700 miles on it. The VTX1300 is a nice solid feeling bike with great power. After looking at Yamaha Vstar 1100 and their problems I opted for the Honda VTX1300 and I'm glad I did. I'II be mainly interested servicing section,so I can do most of my own maintenance. Thanks to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regardless of miles, all 1300's came with absolute junk steering neck bearings. Some go bad quicker than others. You need to use the search feature, use the key words "death wobble". If you don't know for certain if they have already been changed, on a flat smooth road take her up to 45-50 mph, and take your hands off the handlebars keeping them ready to grab asap. If the bike starts shaking or wobbling at all as it naturally de-cellerates, You have the death wobble. A $30-$35 'All Balls' kit and a couple hrs. labor by a competent mechanic .will get it replaced.

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,932 Posts
Welcome and Good Day!
You will find everything you are looking for here.
Take to heart any Wise and Sage advice you read or find.
TYVM for being here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts