Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my name is Scott and I live in Menomonee Falls (Milwaukee). I stumbled across this site today and cant wait to meet everyone!! You all seem like a great bunch of people.

I bought a 2003 VTX 1800C Illusion Blue last July and still cant wipe the smile off my face! I was wondering if there was a site like this and here it is. I only put 1500 miles on last year and would love to double that this summer. So needless to say there wont be to many rides that I wont be on! The two wheel Tuesdays at Culvers sounds cool and its only 15 minutes from my house.

Have a good one gang and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Scott
vtxter

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome Scott!!!!!!! You are right, this is a great bunch! When we get together it is a blast!

Check in here often as people are planning rides all the time. If you have something you want to do or go to, post it, you'll probably have some fellow X riders tagging along.... :D

Again, Welcome, look forward to meeting you soon....

Later,
Sam
8)

·
Super Moderator
63,767 Posts
Welcome to the board!
Bookmark this website, http://tech.vtxoa.com This is the sister site to this message board and contains all your How-to/Tips/Tricks/Why’s and links to other helpful sites for your new VTX.
There is also a helpful red Search icon at the top of every page(not the Google search). Enter your item to be searched in the "Search Query" section and click the "Search for all terms" bullet under the query. Then go to the "Search Options" section and choose a board from the "Forum" drop down menu. This will limit the results to your search so you won't get pages of "Fluff" .

The pupose of the "Search" is to offer a member the opportunity to research his/her question better. There is so much information from past threads that you may never see because that member is no longer here, or doesn't see your new post, or just won't respond to the same question. So use it to your advantage and enjoy the board! View this funny and informative film about posting and searching…
http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf

Also, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum. At the top of every board there are threads that are tagged as "Sticky" These threads are "Sticky" because they contain very important/valuable information about the VTX and everyone should read them.
The thread at the top of the 1800 tech board called, "Air, Fuel, Motors..." will answer most of the performance questions...
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28918

Also, update your Profile to include what type X you have to your Signature line. I.E. 1300/1800/C/F/N/R/S.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
you wont find a better group. Here in the racine area we do alot of last min. rides. We usualy post them a couple of days a head of time. we did one yesterday just two of us Xers, and a Intruder friend of mine came with. We didnt have alot of time, we just pulled out of here at 10:00 am, and went down to doyles, in illinois, we left there and rode back here to one of the members house, and then went home about 2:00. so it was a quick one, but a good one. I have found that every ride i take with the guys here is better then the last. this is the best group i have ever been around. welcome to the group, and you are welcome on any ride at any time.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
WELCOME and feel free to jump in and have some fun. Good bunch of folks here. Don't forget to hit Dawg's for some cool metric stuff.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the warm welcome! I was reading in one of the other posts that a Dells trip might be in the works. I have a friend that owns American World in the Dells and he'll hook us up with some pretty cool stuff. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to that trip. That would be a nice ride.

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
vtxter said:
Thank you for the warm welcome! I was reading in one of the other posts that a Dells trip might be in the works. I have a friend that owns American World in the Dells and he'll hook us up with some pretty cool stuff. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to that trip. That would be a nice ride.

Thanks again everyone.
Did someone say................................................
ROAD TRIP

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
We need to get a date set up......I don't have my kids on the May 13th weekend.......We would head up there on Friday.....I think the Hotels still have reasonable rates.....after Memorial Day, everything goes UP!!!

So lets hear some input.....May 13, 14, 15 to the Dells?????

???

Later, Sam

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
they had it on the calender for the weekend of the 21st of may, I cant do it on the weekend of the 28th my wife works, well i could do it with out her, but that just aint no fun.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Jeez, I didn't even look at the calender :oops: :shock: :shock:

Ok, well I'll have to make some kiddy weekend changes..... :D

Anybody know what hotel Ziggy was going to call? Only five weeks to get this all planned out!!!!

By the way....MY TINS ARE PAINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO----HOOO!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Now he just has to do the final sanding and buffing, but it looks KILLER.......No pics yet, he won't let me take any :? :? an artist and his work :wink:

Later all, Got to keep cleaning the garage..............
Sam

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I dont know if that is been made final, it was just on acrotecs calender they were putting rides on. Skinny is in charge of the dells ride, so i guess we have to ask him if that is final plan or what. I need to know soon, my wife works every other weekend, so if it lands on her week end to work she needs alot of notic to get off. I would realy like to bring her, hate to have to leave her behind, we have alot more fun doing things together. I will try and shoot skinny a note, what the heck I will start a post here on the board.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Scott
Welcome aboard. You will find lots of opportunity to ride and even more opportunity to talk about riding ... endlessly in some cases. This is a great group and the group rides are always a good time. There is usually a decent sized group that shows up at Culvers for TWT and we try get some riding in each time ... just some time more than others. Look forward to meeting you there.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Welcome aboard Scott, we have plenty of room for more members. Hope to meet you sometime, and just keep your eyes open for more rides. there is a ride to ohio coming up in July for a record breaker. join in it soon....

Later
David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts