Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My customer Ron of Ohio, picked his bike up Saturday after months of anticipation. He asked me if I would post a pic of his new bike so I am doing so.
This is an 1800 retro that we did all the customary kinds of chroming and polishing on.
In addition, we added a 210 fat tire kit with 6.5" wide wheel and completly altered fenders, and gas tank.
The rear fender was re-worked and looks very nice.
To finish it off, he said he was a fan of old school 57 Chevy kinds of flames so we gave him a bit of nostalgic flames with just a hint of tribal thrown in with lots of bright colors.
I'm very proud of this bike. mike

·
Registered
390 Posts
Looks really nice! Great work. Do you have any other pics?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Handler,
Looks Good. Got some more pics? I would like to get a better look at the paint work. I am about to do some work on my X and I am looking for good ideas.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
How bout a side view Mike?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Side view please.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got tons of pics of this bike in every view and the one I posted doesn't do it justice but I have the same problem as always. I'm trying to find a place to park a couple of pictures of descent resolution. The Bib Bikes site limits the size to 150K and that is just not useabel for a nice pic. I have some awesome pics of thew bike I'd lovce to show you guys, any ideas?? mike

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to see some more pics.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ink said:
i can throw some on one of my sites if you want Mike. Just let me know.
I think I can get them down to around 300 K and have them still look good. Will that work for you? think I have like 2-3 more pictures. mike

·
Registered
253 Posts
What a ride!!!

Handlers being a bit reserve... this bike is awesome! I drove almost 900 miles round trip to pick the bike up Saturday just so I could ride on Sunday.
First my bud with a softail went nuts when he saw it... he calls the VTX a "MONSTER", then I went out for a couple hours with two other Road Kings... guess whose bike everybody was looking at?
The 210 is just right for the Retro modified fender, fills it up perfect and pricewise with the modified and chrome wheel is priced fair for whats out there. We went to a C front wheel and fender and it works great. The chrome and polished parts are unreal and the paint has just blown me away... think I'm excited?
Thanks Mike... what a great guy to work with and I can't say enough about the look of this bike.
I'll updaye my profile as soon as I find the time... right now I'm off to listen to those GREAT HK 2 1/2" Classics again.
Ron

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think I can get them down to around 300 K and have them still look good. Will that work for you? think I have like 2-3 more pictures. mike
the size doesn't matter, just need to get them from you. you can either email them to me or i can setup some ftp space for you to throw them on. whatever works best for you. i'll keep checking the thread, need to leave for school around 4:45

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for the offer on the web space. Later tonight, I will get that going. Also, Paul, your banjos and pinch bolts went out today.
My UPS lady looked at this bike on Friday and called it "a work of art".
But them again, she may have been buttering me up. She did however take a minute each day to look at it to see how how much it had progressed the last week. :) mike

S

·
0 Posts
uh oh .. sounds as if I might get to take the battlewagon out for a test flight this weekend.

I'm So Happy!

Thanks Mike!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Mike,

Great looking bike, can't wait to see more pictures.

Now we know where you have been hiding.

Byron

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gandalf said:
Mike,

Great looking bike, can't wait to see more pictures.

Now we know where you have been hiding.

Byron
Byron, I wish I could say it was all the dedication to the bike and all my customers but....................................I have been hiding yes, ..............................from my wife LOL
mike

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know the feeling but after 27 years she knows all my hiding places! :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts