Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I am a proud, new owner of an '02 VTX 1800/R. I have a few questions about it. Mostly, what are the differences between the models? Also, I need an owners manual. Can anyone help me out and be able to ship to Canada?

Also, any advice to a new owner of such a powerful machine would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Darcy

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hello Everyone

I am a proud, new owner of an '02 VTX 1800/R. I have a few questions about it. Mostly, what are the differences between the models? Also, I need an owners manual. Can anyone help me out and be able to ship to Canada?

Also, any advice to a new owner of such a powerful machine would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Darcy

Welcome and Congrats on ur new ride!.. the different 1800 model is about all the same except the spokes/body/paint configuration same as 1300
if u can give hal a call. maybe he can help you with manuals?....
or go to www.bareasschoppers.com for more info....

good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The designations are quite simple for the VTX line:

C was the first and is referred to as CUSTOM
R = Retro
RS = Retro with Spoke wheels
RT = Retro Tourer
N = Neo
F is a factory custom sport version of the C
Spec I, II or III denote different levels of factory chrome

The first was the C Model 1800CC in 2002 (production started in 2001), Honda started making the 1300 about a year later.

Black is the fastest color:p

Welcome to the madness...

8)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I thought red was the fastest color.

Explains why my little Nighthawk is so slow...

That's a beautiful bike canukbiker. May I ask how much that set you back?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has 27K Miles. I paid $6,000 Canadian. Whats that in your country now... $49.95?

It was made at the Ohio Plant and was # 300 in 2002. (checked VIN #)

I thought red was the fastest color.

Explains why my little Nighthawk is so slow...

That's a beautiful bike canukbiker. May I ask how much that set you back?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have that small owners manual. It's just a tad bigger than a wallet. It looks like new. $10 and it's yours. That should cover shipping. Paypall works fine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Owners Manual

Thanks to VTXOA and these boards, I was able to find an owners manual on line at: https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com . You'll need your VIN and have to create an account, but other than that it has info that can be helpful as well as an owners book.
Good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse! Always good to see new guys introduce their self and their machine!

As far as the owner's manual, forget it. As long as you can get to this site and Bare's site, you won't need the manual.:thumbup:

Congrats on the new toy. Since you asked, the only advice I can give is be careful till you get use to it. Once you've logged some miles on her, you'll be very comfortable and will see how well these big machines really do handle. They are quite tame once you've logged a few miles on one:congrats:

Ride safe
VOLT

·
Registered
824 Posts
The designations are quite simple for the VTX line:

C was the first and is referred to as CUSTOM
R = Retro
RS = Retro with Spoke wheels
RT = Retro Tourer
N = Neo
F is a factory custom sport version of the C
Spec I, II or III denote different levels of factory chrome

The first was the C Model 1800CC in 2002 (production started in 2001), Honda started making the 1300 about a year later.

Black is the fastest color:p

Welcome to the madness...

8)

Welcome Canuk! Good to have you here. That is a very nice looking scoot you have there.

Dawg, thanks for the quick, clear reference guide. I was a little fuzzy on a couple of those points. I did a copy/paste to my documents for future reference. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered:grin:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcom aboard Canuk

Hello Everyone

Thanks

Darcy
I also have an 1800R 2006 vintage and own a manual. If you cant find one ask on the site and there will be more info than you could imagine. This is a great group of people willing to help each other. If you need pages PM me and I can help you out until you get a manual. I would be happy to help.:congrats:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcome to the board & :congrats: on the ride! :thumbup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the best website around!
You will meet alot of great, helpful folks here.
You have a real nice lookin bike there.
Enjoy and have fun!

Wendy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts