Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there have the new "Peamaker" exhaust by National Cycle? These are the ones with the push button baffle by-pass for on-the-fly loud or quiet pipes. Sounds like a great idea... start up quiet in the morning and don't piss off the neighbors, hit the road, push a button and they go loud. Ride into Malibu and hit the quiet button so you don't get a ticket from the Sheriffs or CHP. If anyone has 'em, what do you think? How do they sound? Is it worth the 700 bills?

·
Registered
230 Posts
sorry, don't have them but would be interested to hear what they sound like in person. That video cracked me up. It didn't make me want them too much after seeing it! The idea is pretty cool though. I wonder about the actuating motor and how dependable that will be over years. Either way, cool idea.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Neat idea......cutouts have been around for decades on hot rods......

I too would wonder about the motor.....how well would it hold up to rain, salt, day in day out use etc....

This would only be a "sure fire" solution to noise-ordinance issues IF you know that there is a noise ordinance/local pipe issue in the area you are riding in....

Plus, just having the qability to instantly make them loud could be enough for some LEOs to ticket you.

The video was kind of corny IMHO...Not a lot of info on how it works really.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was under the impression that they were only available for HD. I agree it's a great idea but skeptical about the longevity and 700 baloons is pretty steep.

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
I heard they dramatically cut power when in the quite mode.

I personally don't like the look of them for the X, they look a little to much like the stock pipes which i hated.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Someone posted about them on display at Daytona in the X version, from what they said they did not like the sound and said they were pretty quiet in the "loud setting" I don't remember the details of what they said but it turned me off from wanting them esspecially at the price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PEACEMAKER PIPES

They do make them for the VTX-1300 now. You can see them on the National Cycle website. The video is pretty bad though. You would think they would have done a lot better job showing the pipes in action and letting you hear them instead of with that annoying background beat in the video. I'm still not sure if they're worth it. Made me think twice when I read your comments about power loss.

Might just get the "Sturgis" pipes with the adjustable baffles instead. Not as conveniant, no push button. You have to stick a long neck screwdriver down the throat of the pipe to make the adjustment, but they sound good and they're half the cost (although they use your stock pipes to make the conversion).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.