Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed these today myself, its was time consuming, at anyrate I need to know if doing the nosmog mod helps the poping issues? also what are the Pros and cons to doing this mod?

also I think my bike has the bad ground issues my bikes is poping now sometimes or should I say acting like it skipping it doesnt do it all the time ,

Thanks for any input

also trying to figure out if I really need a powercommander

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ever think of

I run the Cobra fi2000 with the [email protected] bigshots with KN filter and runs exellent. I hated my bike for 2 years untill the fi2000 went on. I had all the popping and backfiring, sirging. It sucked but now love my bike.

VTXED Steve

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Re: New pipes installed VH HotShots with K&N needs so

badwished said:
I just installed these today myself, its was time consuming, at anyrate I need to know if doing the nosmog mod helps the poping issues? also what are the Pros and cons to doing this mod?

also I think my bike has the bad ground issues my bikes is poping now sometimes or should I say acting like it skipping it doesnt do it all the time ,

Thanks for any input

also trying to figure out if I really need a powercommander
Click this link and go to PAIR removal (Desmog) read the information there.
http://www.bareasschoppers.com/
Doing the de-smog should get rid of the popping issues. If you still have popping look for exhaust leaks (did you install new gaskets with your new pipes?).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I installed new Gaskets, I ve think I need a power commander? does the powercommander really give you more power?

·
Registered
27 Posts
V&H ...KN

BabWish
I have not had the problems you're having so this might not help. It just another incedence of a set of systems that IS working. I just had the V&H Big Shots put on along with a Kury Pro series HyperCharger and the PowerCommander III. Although there "some" popping on decel, it's not excessive nor irratating to me. My hp went up by 12 and my torque by 6. An amazing thing that happened was that my gas mileage went from 33mpg to 39 mpg.....couldn't believe that. So....I guess I'm saying that the only big difference between yours and mine IS the PCIII. I think I'd go for it...it can only help.
BTW, I figured the pipes would be a nightmare to put on so I let the motorcycle place give me 15% off the cost of the pipes then charge me $88. to put them on. I thought it was a good trade off.
Ron
Atlanta

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
badwished said:
yeah, I installed new Gaskets, I ve think I need a power commander? does the powercommander really give you more power?
Before you spend the $$$ (unless you just have $300.00 laying around) try the De-Smog! Lots of folks report that the popping is eliminated after doing it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
dallastactical said:
DonJulio said:
\
DonJulio--i just looked at your bike pics, WOW, it looks bad ass man, can i put that tire on the back of my 03 1800 S?

I am really impressed, that thing looks like the bomb...

Nice again

Mike
AKA
Dallas Tactical
Thanks man. Theres lots of 240's and a few 250's on the board. Go to the general forum and check out the sticky with the 240 contest in the title. Lots of sweet rides.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
dallastactical said:
DonJulio said:
\
DonJulio--i just looked at your bike pics, WOW, it looks bad ass man, can i put that tire on the back of my 03 1800 S?

Nice again

Mike
AKA
Dallas Tactical
where were you at on the easter weekend you could have seen at least 4 at my shop there were probably more but I didn't even get to me everyone

·
Registered
76 Posts
Johnnycheese said:
dallastactical said:
DonJulio said:
\

Nice again

Mike
AKA
Dallas Tactical
where were you at on the easter weekend you could have seen at least 4 at my shop there were probably more but I didn't even get to me everyone
Im a 2 week VTX owner, so we may have to chat, i have to get one of those tires... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts