Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there all. Just got my 2005 vtx 1300c about 2 weeks ago and love it. It came with Hard Krome k-2's on it and sounds great. This was the only thing the previous owner did to the bike so id like to add onto it pretty soon. I think id like to start with the air intake. Any suggestions as to what would compliment the Hard Kromes best. Also, what are the best sites to look for equipment on.

Peace

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
There's a bunch of BAK's out there and it's all a matter of what you like. Don't forget if you get one you will need to re-jet the carb also. :wink:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have researched this a bit and have been told that the Hypercharger-though it looks cool- is less bang for the buck and doesn't do much more than the stock application already does. My choice was the Thunder Manf. Tornado intake. A true Cone filter setup with quite a bit of chrome trim sleeve options for whatever suits you. You can find them on most online Bike sites.
+1 for the rejet issue. do a secrch for the "SCAR" method, Clayton Mod, re-jet, etc... you will start learning quick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome... thanks for the tips thus far... i have to admit, after taking a few long rides, the seat might actually be the first thing i do... ive read a couple of places that the Hypers dont do considerably more than larger intakes also... anyone from around the st louis area...?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Kilgore said:
Hello there all. Just got my 2005 vtx 1300c about 2 weeks ago and love it. It came with Hard Krome k-2's on it and sounds great. This was the only thing the previous owner did to the bike so id like to add onto it pretty soon. I think id like to start with the air intake. Any suggestions as to what would compliment the Hard Kromes best. Also, what are the best sites to look for equipment on.

Peace
Best mod I made - Progressive front springs and progressive rear shocks.

World of difference

·
Registered
71 Posts
+1 on the Progressive fronts. Can't speak to the rear shocks yet, maybe next summer I can help you on those :p Engine guards, Kury ISOs, Windshield + Lowers are all good choices.
Personally, I'm still waiting on my gas cap hinge and wish I'd ordered it as soon as I saw it a year ago! :twisted:

·
Registered
201 Posts
tornado

heres the best intake you can get.....if your gonna do it, then step up and do it right!

and also the BIGGEST upgrade you can do to STAND OUT is a set of custom wheels!!that seems to be the ONE thing that no one does

·
Registered
905 Posts
Re: tornado

BigD130O said:
heres the best intake you can get.....if your gonna do it, then step up and do it right!

and also the BIGGEST upgrade you can do to STAND OUT is a set of custom wheels!!that seems to be the ONE thing that no one does
That probably is the nicest intake you can get..........if you get one besides the hurricane :twisted: :wink:

+1 on the wheels

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that is a crazy looking intake... i like it though...

with a full nights sleep and a saturday to waste, i think ill try and tackle the pair valve removal... maybe i can get Hard Krome k-2's sounding even better... ive got some extra metal laying around i think ill try and make my own covers to boot...

thanks for all your input peeps, this forum rocks out...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
LoneRanger said:
Kilgore said:

Peace
Best mod I made - Progressive front springs and progressive rear shocks.

World of difference
+1 on the springs and shocks, but first the stock seat has to go.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A better seat will make your riding better by 1000%

Jon

·
Registered
427 Posts
Bro, I have the same bike and I can say that without a doubt the best thing I did was to get rid of the stock seat! It makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
willieman said:
Bro, I have the same bike and I can say that without a doubt the best thing I did was to get rid of the stock seat! It makes a world of difference.
+1. Do something about the stock seat. It will be a ton more comfortable.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
+ 1 on the seat, I have a mustang and corbin young guns and both are 100% better than stock, I needed more reach on the bars so I went with the punisher bars there taller and more pullback, no more sore shoulders. Also, progressive shocks front and rear is another great choice. I have a thunder tear drop with on my 1300C, I installed it thae same time as my K2's, a lot more responsive and you can here it sucking a huge amount of air. They have different covers other than the one I have, I'm thinking about changing mine to the one that says, "thunder charged" then adding the "80CI" billet clutch cover.

Thinking about replacing the ones I have with the ones below.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts