Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm a fairly new rider, just bought an 06 1300c. Any tips, pointers, etc so I don't have to learn the hard way. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA...
Start reading. Read the last 100 threads in 1300 Riders Board.
Also some info the the 1300 Step by Step.
We do better with a questions.
Oil change 4 qts and an oil filter. Two drain plugs, one for dry sump(front), one for the reservoir(bottom).
How many miles???
Most run 40/40psi on MC tires.
Have you taken a MC safety course??
Thermostat and radiator cap under the fuel tank. The only place to check coolant level.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its got 9445 miles, and I have taken a msf course, and plan of taking an intermediate/advanced course once I get more used to riding.
I was unfortunately only able to take a short test drive and the ride home, but the bike feels and sounds awesome. Excited to ride more, learn more and become a member of this community!

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
(y) (y) ....I will leave the tipping to others....good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the riding community, you have a great resource here for your bike. I am new to my VTX and the forum but have lots of riding experience. A riders course is an awesome start and if it hasn't been been mentioned to you my one piece of humble advice is to watch for sand or gravel in the corners, it’s easy to get into a corner and be surprised by a patch of slippery sand in your path, a rain can put material in your path where it was not yesterday.
Best of luck out there, hope you have as much fun riding as I have through the years.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Welcome
Sure is a low mileage one.
As Hans said. Also note the miles he has on the clock.

Pactically any question you have has been answered here.
I had not touched a motorcycle in 26 years. I knew my mechanics but nothing of the VTX 1300. I feel pretty good about diagnosing and repairing thanks to these great members, but still learning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, I'm a fairly new rider, just bought an 06 1300c. Any tips, pointers, etc so I don't have to learn the hard way. Appreciate it.
[/QUOTEi have the same bike , an 06 vtx1300C with many customizations.
my advice is the following,
First Keep the shine side up and the dirty side down. Second keep up with your maintenance like tires and brakes, third make sure you stay safe and look amazing. And finally this is a great place to ask questions and show off the bike. Welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA...
Start reading. Read the last 100 threads in 1300 Riders Board.
Also some info the the 1300 Step by Step.
We do better with a questions.
Oil change 4 qts and an oil filter. Two drain plugs, one for dry sump(front), one for the reservoir(bottom).
How many miles???
Most run 40/40psi on MC tires.
Have you taken a MC safety course??
Thermostat and radiator cap under the fuel tank. The only place to check coolant level.
Good looking bike. Here's my 2006.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's a guy I have learned a lot from check him out on YouTube and subscribe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts