Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Clearview shield in today and my LeatherLyke trunk. Installed both and it looks pretty much like I expected. Windshield review: The Clearview shield is awesome. I got the biggest one they had with the built in vent. It just tall enough and eliminates most if not all of the buffeting. The shield is thicker and better quality than the OEM - a really big difference in quality. It took about 15 minutes to install in the existing brackets. LeatherLyke trunk review: When it came it seems a lot smaller than I expected although I had the dimensions in my head. It will hold one full face modular helmet and that's pretty much all you get. The pad that came with it was really cheap so I replaced it with my Mustang pad. It took about 15-20 minutes to install. The locking mechanism was a little sticky and I was surprised to see that my key to my old saddle bags fits the new trunk as well. Guess they don't have much variety in key locks. Not sure if I like this yet, I may end up shelving this except for longer rides. It eliminates my luggage rack. IMG_3815.jpg IMG_3816.jpg IMG_3814.jpg

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That trunk is crazy cool!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have had that same shield for a year now and it is holding up great. I have been carefully about cleaning it and apply Plexus on it. Big Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts