Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Too much scrolling. Takes far too long to read a thread now. Getting rid of the crap on the right side of the forum would give the whole page to the thread, that would help. I know the owners are making their money with the advertising, but leave that to the people that just lurk to pay for.

It's new, will take some time to either like it or stay away from it. Change isn't always good, but staying with good people can sometimes make a difficult layout usable.

Still need to get rid of the column on the right side of the page.

·
Administrator
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Heya all,

Most of the site updates are now complete and I have QA running through the site now.

Ping me with any other issues you notice.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It looks and works more like HondaShadow.net, now, but I think it looks good.

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
How do you make each page have more posts? I think there is a setting but can't locate.

Also, is there an easy way to unsubscribe to all threads and can you then click something to subscribe to a particular one if you so choose later?

Finally, dud-57 has been sending me an unwanted shirtless photo of himself in a baby pool with a rubber chicken. You can see a case of Wesson oil in the background and it appears he has 5 nipples. In any event, I've been around here a long time and he's never done anything of the sort, so I assume it's just a system glitch. I guess there is nothing you can really do about that one, so just omit that one completely and we'll focus on my first two issues.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
@DuaneS

You mean Honda colors, lol...

I will see if the team can tone it down a bit tomorrow.

We still have some more work to do on the fit and finish.

Jeff

Here is a Honda color scheme nicer on the eyes:

Reactions: VTXOA admin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Seem to have pictures up loading issues. Tons of lagging on mobile side.

Seems the bugs are comingout

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Every area I go to has those damn pop up ads embedded. Accidently sweeping by them with the cursor causes them to pop up and block the article I'm trying to read. If I wanted to buy that crap, I would Google it. This site has suddenly become a real P.I.A.

All the extra ads are the price we pay for these web sites. Every ad is more $$ for the site owners, so it isn't going away.

Some cycle web sites interrupt every couple posts with an ad, so at least these are top, bottom and side only at this point. :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Gonna do 7 days, that is the standard we use to avoid members from coming back and leaving data gaps.

Jeff
Wish you would explain what you mean. I'm guessing you're referring to edited out information that then leaves the subsequent posts confusing in context of post edit?

The benefits of unlimited time for a post edits I've used in the past are:
1) Allows for updates of the original topic in the original post, rather than the OP having to make a new post at the bottom of the thread, and by then some will have forgotten what the original topic was, whereas adding more info at the bottom of the original post keeps all the info together.

2) Ability to revisit a post past that is still active to correct spelling or grammar errors missed.

I've been here a LONG time and read posts daily and I've never seen a problem with having had edits times unlimited. Most of the 'gaps' in here have been due to admin edits that leave the thread 'lacking' in cohesiveness, and even those are done so well it's hardly worth mentioning.

Just my 2, 1/2 cents. . .

Reactions: VTXOA admin

·
The Fish
1,557 Posts
Is there a size limit on drag and drop photos? I tried it on the testing board and it didn't work. The pic was a pretty large size but I didn't get an error message. Nothing happened at all.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts