Honda VTX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
None of my post had shown up since the 12th. I tried starting a couple of threads, PMing a moderator and asking others to get a Mod to PM me. I finally get a response that my posts had been reviewed and were allowed, but as of 12.29.15 every time I post it says waiting for review by a moderator. The post quoted here was probably from a few days ago.

EDIT Wow, this one posted as soon as I submitted it. That is the first time in two weeks that has happened.

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
Mine hasn't worked right since the change. Posting is quadruple-slow, but occasionally it runs normally?? The right side drop down is herky-jerky. At times it just seems to freeze up. If I want to go back out of something, I'm better off getting out of the site totally and returning to the main Forum page. But go figure, this reply went smooth as glass.

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
Windows 7 with Internet Explorer latest updated version. I just had my "GUY" update my laptop a few weeks ago. All was fine until YOUR changes.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Well good luck to all, couple of my questions went unanswered certainly no biggie ...., so I figured my problems out myself...still have limited use using IE...if its anything important I go to chrome....I was brought up with if it aint broke don't fix it...probably have a different saying north of the border...many thanks for Admin. efforts anyway...
LOL...LOL

·
Administrator
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Mine hasn't worked right since the change. Posting is quadruple-slow, but occasionally it runs normally?? The right side drop down is herky-jerky. At times it just seems to freeze up. If I want to go back out of something, I'm better off getting out of the site totally and returning to the main Forum page. But go figure, this reply went smooth as glass.
So it isn't happening all the time? Have you noticed a pattern when it starts acting up that way? Also, do you happen to have any plugins or addons on your IE? Try visiting the site in a private browsing window because this will turn off anything that is working in the background with your browser. Let me know if private browsing works and if not we'll dig deeper to see if we can get a resolution to this.

~Sheena

·
Premium Member
11,974 Posts
I have not been able to use the site with firefox since the change. I have noscript and have allowed anything but google scripts, as I always have. I don't do google. Never have, never will. I think it means I can no longer use the site. There are a half dozen google scripts trying to run in firefox, but everything else is allowed. Can't post, can't "like", can't really do anything using firefox with google blocked. Can only access through IE where every script and malware and virus is free to attack, and google is free to map every stroke, so I will just read in firefox and if I feel the need, will open in IE to make a post and then get back out.

Happy New Year to the VTX board members all the same!!!

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Can you still copy the link from photo bucket and paste here the same way as previously?

Can you still cut and paste from a google search photo as usual?

The drag and drop function didn't work for me. Never did get my sig photo to work either

·
Administrator
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
When I click on last unread post of a thread, it just goes to the last post.

Using Chrome.
Does this happen to all threads? Can't recreate it on my end. Try clearing your cookies and cache and see if the problem resolves.

Can you still copy the link from photo bucket and paste here the same way as previously?

Can you still cut and paste from a google search photo as usual?

The drag and drop function didn't work for me. Never did get my sig photo to work either
Yes to photo bucket and google image, but you should use the "Insert Image" option to post the picture as just posting the url will often just post a link to the image.

What happens when you use the drag and drop function? Do you get an error message?

Kevin

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
U can change url to
.... works for me since most functions on here don't work for me in IE....best I can do is basic editor to get it to function...must be my system..certainly cant be problem with new venue..LOL..

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does this happen to all threads? Can't recreate it on my end. Try clearing your cookies and cache and see if the problem resolves.

Kevin
Still does it after clearing cookies and cache. This is the only forum I have problems with.

The search function is worthless too.

This version is not friendly, I think I'll just go back to the other forums and stay with what works. I understand it's new, but new is not always better.

·
Administrator
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Hi,

The drag and drop feature is set per usergroup for each individual section on the site. The New Members Intro section may have it for registered users but not for New Users, etc. This is something that should be able to change provided that the mod team is okay with folks having the ability to attach images through the drag and drop way.

TennX said:
works for me since most functions on here don't work for me in IE
Most of the codes should work with IE. Which ones are you noticing are not and we'll look into getting those working for you? Have you tried the features available when you 'Go Advanced'?

Luvs2Play said:
When I click on last unread post of a thread, it just goes to the last post.
You can change the view settings in the User CP, edit options. Let me know if that helps and if not we'll have to do a little problem solving.

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 9.56.44 AM.png

~Sheena

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
Thank you. Finally, after 2 weeks or more, I can click a post and back out of it w/o freezeup. Replies to topics had been getting better, but this one is freezing every few strokes. SH## !

·
Administrator
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
UPDATE:

Heya all we looked into the missing signature image issue and we are unable to recover them.

During the conversion they did not carry over so you guys will have to re upload images for the signatures.

Sorry but we tried to recover them with no success.

Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
My name is Michael Bettin. I like to use the name Unz 19. I forgot my password & can't retrieve it to save my life. I have been doing work on my 1300 "C" model that I would like to share. Many maybe interested. Please, can you help me get back in where I can post & stuff? Your help is greatly appreciated. My e mail is one of these. Not sure which I used. "[email protected] ...... [email protected] [email protected]"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 140 Posts