0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Accutronix forward controls for the VTX1300

New timing adjuster for VTX1800

Our ad in the June Issue of Road Bike

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ooooooo, I can't wait to hear how that Ignition module works out. Hal, if you need someone to test one for you I'd sacrifice my time and effort and give a full report :wink:

·
Registered
833 Posts
OK - I applied for the second mortgage - I will take one of each :twisted:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Why do people replace their forward controls? No offense, they do not look much better then stock and are almost a grand!

·
Registered
898 Posts
jhrahn said:
Why do people replace their forward controls? No offense, they do not look much better then stock and are almost a grand!
Because they can.

·
Registered
360 Posts
jhrahn said:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......leg room! Honda builds it's bikes based on a certain "average" rider. We are not "him", so we change things to fit us. There are other great sets for far less than a grand.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
New Accutronix forward controls for the VTX1300

New timing adjuster for VTX1800

Our ad in the June Issue of Road Bike
Do you have the front end instock???
Big Joe.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
jhrahn said:

Looking at your pic your legs are as stretched out as mine are on my Kury highway pegs! Us long legged people need more room, thus "Forward Controls".......... :D Rod

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ahhhhh, I see, I guess I haven't thought about that. I guess some people are taller then 5'8", 5'9" on good days...

·
Registered
983 Posts
jhrahn said:
Ahhhhh, I see, I guess I haven't thought about that. I guess some people are taller then 5'8", 5'9" on good days...
Forward controls also give a bit more cornering clearance since the stock footpegs aren't dragging the pavement. Most X riders seem to be on the husky? side. :lol: Some just plain blot out the sun when they stand next to me. Myself I need some rearsets but nobody makes em :evil: Your post gave me an idea so I went to the memberlist. There are 178 members with their nicnames beginning with the word Big :shock: pages 17 to 22. But theys nice folks.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hal, I noticed that the rear master cylinder is mounted to these controls just like the 1800s. Is that correct? Do you have a picture of these installed on a 1300? I'm curious to see how that looks. That's probably why it's that pricey. They do look sweet, though.
Brand new product no pics yet.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Husky, hech no, I'm fat.

I need to do some track time without the bike, but Overclocked keeps calling to me...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Leprechaun said:
jhrahn said:
Forward controls also give a bit more cornering clearance since the stock footpegs aren't dragging the pavement. Most X riders seem to be on the husky? side. :lol: Some just plain blot out the sun when they stand next to me. Myself I need some rearsets but nobody makes em :evil: Your post gave me an idea so I went to the memberlist. There are 178 members with their nicnames beginning with the word Big :shock: pages 17 to 22. But theys nice folks.
I put on 5/1's and now my feet aren't behind my knees. It's kind of nice, and why I don't attempt to ride a rocket. Doesn't work very well.
A guy at work, I don't think of as short, sat on my bike and was almost stretched out. A slight difference in riders, also why I don't even consider trying to ride most bikes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts