Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 VTX1800R with 5k miles on it but I learned that you should never take tires past 6 years regardless of miles and I have, so I am looking for your opinion on Good, Better and Best tire options. If it matters I do quite a bit of 60-90MPH driving, not a barhopper. I do not want a fat/wide rear tire. I appreciate your input!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I use Avon Cobra. They last longer than the Venoms. And are sticky and grippy.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a 2005 VTX1800R with 5k miles on it but I learned that you should never take tires past 6 years regardless of miles and I have, so I am looking for your opinion on Good, Better and Best tire options. If it matters I do quite a bit of 60-90MPH driving, not a barhopper. I do not want a fat/wide rear tire. I appreciate your input!
Try metzlers ME88S

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I know a lot of riders prefer the Metz Marathon 880's, I've had pretty good luck with that tire, but I know some who have had issues. Avon Venom are good tires, I've had a Bridgestone on my bike, and I have had a Kenda Kruz on the bike . . . I have not noticed a serious variation in any of them. I am currently running a Shinko 733 on the bike, and so far it seems like a pretty good tire . . .

Best of luck with your choice!!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I have ordered from J&P before, but not tires . . . I have either bought the tires locally if I could find a good price or use MotorCycle Superstore for tires. They almost always have the best price, and often have sales and discounts for all sorts of reason and all sorts of tires . . . check them out . . .

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I have used Metzler 880 with excellent results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts

Avon Cobras are great - you can get the set for $340 on Amazon (free shipping).

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think the fatter tires look better. But since you don't see much of mine, I stuck with the stock sizes. I think on the C and F it would be worth upsizing since you see more tire.

·
Registered
325 Posts
tires

I just put bridgestone Exedra Max on my bike. The price is what got me. 180/70/16 $153, 130/70/18 $112 shipped M/C superstore

·
Registered
597 Posts
Been on nothing but Pirelli MT66s for the last 30K miles or so (3 rears & 2 fronts). I'm 35 miles from Skyline Drive and surf the twistys quite often. I've never had any issues with them. It's a very good performing tire and it's also very affordable. I've also heard nothing but good things about E3s, unfortunately they don't come in my size.:-?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts