Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be needing new tires for the bike and wanted to get some opinions on the best way to go about it. :dontknow:

* Go to the stealer and buy them from them and have them install them? (most likely most expensive route, but convenient.)

* Go to an independent shop and buy from them and have them install them. (Maybe a little cheaper than a stealer. For this option I would need recommendations. I live in Miami but would be willing to go to Broward if it's a place you would trust.)

* Buy the tires from Direct Line Parts and have a shop install them. (I would need recommendations on a shop that would just do the install. Would this option be cheaper?)

*Or is there another option that I have not considered? :confused:

Then I would like to hear about which tires to buy. The only problem I had with the stock Dunnies, and it's a BIG ONE is that I never felt they provided good wet weather traction. So that would be my main concern, a tire that you think would be better in the rain.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
My opinion:
Remove the tire( I meant wheel), take it to Competition ( Old Griffin Road and buy from them ( usually the best prices ! ).
They will install for free and you would pay ( I guess $8.00 ) only for balancing.
About tire brand. --- I had Metzeler on the rear wheel and did not install them again- Happy with Bidgestone.

As I said is just my opinion.:popcorn:

·
Registered
865 Posts
I bought Avon Cobras twice now, printed out the lowest price I could find (HDL), and the shop I went to matched the price and installed them when I took the bike there. I'm happy. I really didn't like the dunlops at all.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
+1 on Competition Cycle. You can call ahead and see if they have size in stock. I have always gone there very early in the morning during the week and was done in no time. They do have the best prices around. I use Metzler and they have excellent wet and dry traction but they tend to wear very quickly. Most importantly, always check your tire pressure, you will lose a couple pounds of pressure every 2 weeks or so.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I will give Competition Cycle a call. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts