Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! I am new to the board and would like to tell you my short story! I use to ride when I was younger but since being married to my wife of 27 years, she never wanted me on a bike so I abided with her wishes. Well my son gets older and he starts riding and in the process, he always would ask me to get a bike. My wife says well that would be a good way to spend time with your son so she lets me get a bike. Here is my first bike:

2003 VTX 1300 Custom! 240 " back tire. chrome swingarm, chrome driveshaft, Fat beach bars, stretched front forks. Chrome wheels, Hyper charger. Well that WAS my bike! My son who also had a customized Honda VTX with a 240 back tire says dad we need to get sport cruisers. What fun is it to ride a bike but not experience the speed and all this other nonsense he was throwing at me! So Like a dummy, I sold the bike shown above and got the bike shown below.

A Yamaha FJR 1300! This bike was fast and fun to ride. It had a gas tank reading.......! Great bike right? Well I was not happy with this bike cause I'm more the muscle bike type guy and of course I'm older than my son so he doesn't know a good thing when he has it at this age. I missed my fat tire customized Honda VTX 1300! So what did I do! I saw a guy on facebook who wanted a sport cruiser and he had a 2006 Honda VTX 1300 with 5,000 miles. The Yamaha had 40,000 miles. I asked him if he wanted to trade and he said yes! Now 5,000 miles vs 40,000 miles! I didn't hesitate to make that trade! So I got the bike pictured below:

Very nice bike and basically like new! Well I have this bike now up for sell and the only reason it is up for sell is so I can get a Honda VTX 1800! I still miss that first bike but once I get my 1800 I'll customize her all out too! Crazy story right? Well good to be here!

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA! First one was nice! Your 06 with 5k miles, does it still have the original tires? Any rust in the tank? Most that have been parked for a long time have fuel issues. Good luck!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Welcome To the forum

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome, this is a good forum.
Congrats on getting a ride. Glad the wifey "let" you get a bike. lol

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered

1 - 6 of 6 Posts