Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I have made a couple of posts, and I was reminded to post an introductory thread.

My name is Adam, and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I started riding big boy bikes about a month or so ago, after having been on nothing but a moped about 15 years ago. It was great! I bought my VTX-1300R a few weeks ago. I am slated to take the MSF course this weekend. Since buying the bike--and even before--I have been on this board reading just about everything that is out there. The information you guys have provided has been instrumental in several things I have done to my bike so far. I am hooked and my bank account is growing smaller each day with all of the stuff I have been ordering.

I look forward to all of the fun that comes with owning the VTX and being a member of this group. I can't wait for the next tech session I can participate in. Interacting on here is one thing, but being able to meet people and learn from them in person is something else altogether.

Take care, and ride safe!

B

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Welcome Adam, from steamy Green Bay, WI. Hope you will enjoy your new bike, you have come to a good place to learn about it.
Ride safe,
Perry

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA from the southeast corner of NC.

·
Super Moderator
63,933 Posts
Welcome to the board!
Bookmark or save to your favorites folder, these websites, http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77
This is the NEW VTXOA Garage, a sister site to this message board and contains all your How-to/Tips/Tricks/Why’s and links to other helpful sites for your new VTX. http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/ A fellow VTX Riders site that has many write-ups on “How-To” do work on the VTX. Also, for you 1300 guys http://vtx1300tips.com/VTX1300TIPS.htm another fellow VTX Riders site.
There is also a helpful Search icon in the users Toolbar just under the VTXOwners Association banner
Click the “Search” drop down and select “Advanced Search”
Now, enter your keywords and select a single forum to search in
Select 1, and only 1 "Forum" to search in at a time, or at all.
For example, "Best airbox" I would only search in the "1800 Tech Board"
That's the basic way, you can limit further by using some of the other "Drop-Down" menu's like if you know the thread you are looking for is only a week or so old, etc....
The purpose of the "Search" is to offer a member the opportunity to research his/her question better. There is so much information from past threads that you may never see because that member is no longer here, or doesn't see your new post, or just won't respond to the same question. So use it to your advantage and enjoy the board! View this funny and informative film about posting and searching…
How To Use This Forum, Click Here
Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum. At the top of every board there are threads that are tagged as "Sticky" These threads are "Sticky" because they contain very important/valuable information about the VTX and everyone should read them.
The thread at the top of the 1800 tech board called, "Air, Fuel, Motors..." will answer most of the performance questions...
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21749
Also, update your Profile to include where you live and what type X you have to your Signature line. I.E. 1300/1800/C/F/N/R/S/T

·
Registered
566 Posts
Here In Your Back Yard

Here is a link to a great bunch of guys and gals in your (our) area. There are a few group rides coming up and a cook out this coming weekend. Many of our members are from the Columbus/Grove City area. Sign up and start posting! I can`t always make it out, but maybe I`ll see you on an OXR ride! Welcome, and ride safe.

http://www.ohioxriders.proboards.com

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
to the fun:thumbup: Best place on the innerwebs

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
welcome from 2 hours east on i 70

·
Registered
468 Posts
New To The Group

There is a great bunch of guys here on this forum I have done all my own maintenance on my VTX thanks to everyone here just ask and you will receive all the answers. Thanks to all you guys

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
welcome and enjoy the bike and the board...really bunch of stand out guys here...

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
Welcome to the board where your questions will be answered:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome! I worked in Columbus until I retired three years ago. And I used to shoot at the range in Grove City. Enjoy the ride!:thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Live in the middle of nowhere. Biggest, close-by town is Lima.

Spent a few weeks, over many years, during the summertime at Lakota.
Very nice. I know most of that area fairly well. My MSF course is actually in Lima. My mom lives in Lima, so I figured I would visit her for the weekend. Wouldn't you know it, the one weekend I decide to go back home to spend with her and she will be out of town for a big ride. :D

Hope to see you at some meet and greet event in the future!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome from Georgia!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts