Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2006 1300c, 15,500 on the odometer, 2 sets of saddlebags, 400watt all kenwood loaded fairing, cobra pipes, cobra backrest and luggage rack, extra set of front and rear brake pads (brand new Honda) everything needed for an oil change for $2500. I've already changed the windshield to a shorter wave windshield, installed a Lindby crash bar, highway pegs, iso wing pegs off my shadow, levers off of my shadow, LED headlight bulb. Soon to change out to a stretched bagger kit. Loving this bike a whole lot. Already over a 1000 miles in the month that I've had it.
My question is, will +8" cables be long enough for 14" apes?
20200926_090254.jpg

·
Registered
12,046 Posts
Welcome to the VTXOA!
You got a good deal!
Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice. You thinking of painting the fairing to match the bike?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. You thinking of painting the fairing to match the bike?
Yes, actually. I am going to paint the entire bike once I get all of the changes made. Bagger wrap around front fender, 6" down and out bagger kit bags, going to fab my own brackets to install a harley tour pack, and install 14" apes. Once all that is in place (soon) then I am going to paint the motor high heat satin black, sand and polish the edges of the fins, and the whole bike will be Camaro Synergy Green with some subtle custom paint work and pinstriping. will be the first paintjob I'll have done in 18 yrs (former motorsports sign/custom painter, 22yrs worth)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts