Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda VTX 1300S
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congratulations. You obviously did something right raising your son. Good on him for doing such a thing for his dad.
He has known for a while that i really wanted to get another bike since I had to sell mine for financial reasons several years ago. He just showed up a couple weeks ago with it! :)

·
Registered
2003 Honda VTX 1300S
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The VTX 1300 left rear engine case is black as the stock color, regardless of the color of the tins. I thought it looked odd to me so I bought a chrome cover for mine (see in older photo of my bike below).

As for the kick stand, I think it's just you needing to get used to it. Once your foot 'knows' where it at it's easy to flip down. I just take my foot off the floorboard, slide it back about 10 inches, and feel for it as you slide your foot against the engine case and downward. The right side of your shoe/boot will need to rest on the top of the stand, then you push down. If you need it, you can install an extension, as sold here:

https://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-710...ocphy=9030938&hvtargid=pla-680991938833&psc=1

As for the cut brake pedal, you might be able to mount a custom pedal cover over it such as purchased here:

Brake Pedal Pad | Footpegs, Shift Pegs & Brake Pedal Pads | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn

PN#8849 - Brake Pedal Pad for Honda, Chrome

Show Chrome Accessories Brake Pedal Cover

Above is the cover I have and It's made to clamp over the existing pedal. Buy it here:

Show Chrome Accessories Brake Pedal Cover

View attachment 187918

Lastly, you can see if there is a used stock pedal selling on EBay, or buy it new from an OEM seller such as Bike Bandit. It is expensive to replace stock as new:

2003 Honda VTX1300 VTX1300S Parts - Best OEM Parts Diagram for 2003 Honda VTX1300 VTX1300S

It is item# 8 in the link at 137.95 for a new stock replacement pedal.
Thanks for the info. I found the Show Chrome Accessories Brake Pedal Cover on Amazon from the same company for about $14. Also, I was able to find an old clutch lever I had stored. I might try to rig it up as an extension for the kick. Or I might just sit on the bike and practice feeling for the kick. LOL

·
Registered
2003 Honda VTX 1300S
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Very nice! A picture of the cut foot pad might help. Maybe it was added and rather than adjusting brake pedal position they cut it? Weird fix but some people....... :)
Yeah, no it was definitely cut. I ordered Show Chrome Accessories Brake Pedal Cover hopefully that will take care of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't be scared. No one says you have to wring out the throttle when you ride. But you will after some break in time. By next spring you'll be shopping for an 1800. I did,

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I am already planning to do that LOL i have a few things i need to improve, like the chrome pealing and who ever waxed it, left a lot of wax around the tail light and other spots. This thing has a led light kit on it that does all kinds of fancy stuff LOL. Might keep them, might not.
After further inspection, it seems the previous owner replaced the OEM with a shorter on, measures just under 3 inches. I need to find one about 2 x's that length. Also looking for an easy way to find the kick stand. I have been reaching down with my hand to get it started coming down
I just put a bolt though mine with a cap nut on top. It was great until I put the duel exhaust on and still works but sometime I struggle a little bit, like when it is raining or if I step in some oil

·
Registered
2003 Honda VTX 1300S
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Don't be scared. No one says you have to wring out the throttle when you ride. But you will after some break in time. By next spring you'll be shopping for an 1800. I did,
Oh I'm not scared LOL. If that was the case, I would not even get on it. The thing is, it's a big step up from the 740 Magna i last rode 7 years ago and a longer wheel base. It's just going to take some getting used to.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts