Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
There are some things you can do to the stock cover to get better air flow. The first is to take that snorkel abortion off and toss it. That's part of the pair removal process. If you search the board, some added standoffs to the cover to lift it a bit so air could get in the sides. Some cut slots in the sides. I had cut a design in the face of it and covered from the inside with a screen. There are universal K&N adaptions that actually look pretty good, and work well. Using the throttle body adapter that comes with the hypercharger, or a good many Kuryakyn air cleaners, it is possible to find a great many Harley filters that will fit. I can't say for certain, but the air cleaner on my 2012 103 twin cam looks like it would have bolted right up to that adapter. I couldn't guarantee it, but they look very much the same. The gasket looked identical. If you figure out that combination, options are limitless.
To add, if you decide to attempt a cut-out in the face of the chrome ABS airbox cover, they are brittle and can be easily damaged. Unless you have worked with this material, and are familiar with how it will react to certain types of cutting/ drilling tools, I wouldn't attempt it. It could get expensive.

·
Registered
2007 VTX1800 C1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi All,
Not to step on any toes, but I had to step down from a Valkyrie to a smaller bike for health and storage reasons and the moment I test rode the VTX 1800C I knew that I was going to be able to do it. After 23 years of having the Valk power on command on my coast to coast rides it is a definite change but I think this new bike and I are going to become very close. Handles like a dream and I've already started ordering the accessories to make it mine. Looking forward to input from these forums to help me fine tune the final accessories to make it mine.
Thank you for your time. View attachment 185213
This is what I have to start with
After 2 months I'm finally done for now:

Also added a K&N air filter and switched to mobil 1 full synthetic.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
9,115 Posts

·
Registered
2007 VTX1800 C1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Silly boy, you're never done. Sooner or later, it's always something. It's our nature.
You'll notice I said "for now", had only ridden it for about 50 miles since I bought it and knew it needed those changes at least:cool:

Reactions: rangers4u
21 - 24 of 24 Posts