Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, have a 2002 VTX1800R 20k miles orange.
Looking to buy forward controls instead of the floorboards, a set of front and rear fenders from a c or f model can be orange or black. Thanks! Jackson NJ

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Welcome ...first post so your forgiven Newb....should be in the WTB...good luck

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Hey, have a 2002 VTX1800R 20k miles orange.
Looking to buy forward controls instead of the floorboards, a set of front and rear fenders from a c or f model can be orange or black. Thanks! Jackson NJ
I have a set of black C fenders in good but not mint condition. Structurally sound, paint blemishes especially on the rear, where the PO had soft bags laying on the fender w/o supports. The rear is currently on hold waiting for warmer weather to get changed, and I'm also in the process of building my wife a handicap ramp. So a little busy. The front fender is available right now, for a nominal fee and you pay shipping. I'm in Johnstown, Pa. maybe 5 hrs or so west of you. Zip 15952 Not sure of the weight, but can't be that much. I scored a nearly mint set a couple months ago, for a super price, so I'm not looking to get rich here. You price a new one then get back to me, LOL. There was another fella a couple weeks ago but he never responded to my reply. Use the Conversation section in the upper right just to the left of the 3 vertical dots to shoot me a PM. Use my screenname and no one else will see it.

Reactions: TennX

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Sean, forward controls haven't been manufactured for 10 years in the US. Mapam, Accutronix, Supreme Legends, Kuryakyn, Dublin Customs, Jardine, Hiway Hawks, and L&R. Most are out of production, not surprising since the VTX 1800 and 1300 were discontinued in 2008 and 2009. They come up for sale but it's rare. They vary in length. Some, when new, were almost $2000 (like the Accutronix);. The only crash bar that works for forward controls is the German Hapco & Becker, still in production for $300.

I saw a post on vtxoa recently about some VTX accessory made in Poland. I looked at their site, and they had something like a forward control. I searched for that post, but did not find it.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts