Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly have my fjr 1300, man what a bike :D Still have my X, guy comming to get it on friday, will be hard to watch her go, one great bike also. I got a 2007 new with the yammie top box, ready for a road trip. don't know which bike is faster for sure, think the fjr is but won't know till I run across an X sometime. Has anyone raced an fjr with their X?? who won? Just curious

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
speedie said:
Finaly have my fjr 1300, man what a bike :D Still have my X, guy comming to get it on friday, will be hard to watch her go, one great bike also. I got a 2007 new with the yammie top box, ready for a road trip. don't know which bike is faster for sure, think the fjr is but won't know till I run across an X sometime. Has anyone raced an fjr with their X?? who won? Just curious

That's like asking who will win the turtle or the rabbit.. :? :roll: :p

God luck and enjoy the twisty's... :wink:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
speedie said:
Thats funny :lol: ......but, cool if ya don't know a lot about bikes! :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I have more miles on it and have been running it to red line some I can tell this bike is fast :eek: but still going to miss the X :( I am getting married saturday and going to colorado on sunday for our honeymoon, am going to take the bike( trailer) can't wait to ride in the mountains with this bike :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
FJR

I went from a wing to a CBR 600 RR to a X my next bike will be the FJR.
A friend of mine has one and it would run with my CBR 600 RR.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Sounds like it..........I said it sounds like it............... SOUNDS LIKE IT IS A VERY FAST BIK............................................. :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, the more I ride it the better I like it :D Yea spoke, I guess it is a little more dangerous doin high speed corners but I have been riding for 36 years and pretty much know my limits. the only thing I can find wrong with it is the stock windsheild is too short for me, have a 3.5" taller one comming. I would recoment this bike to anyone who likes to ride the curves hard but is too old and stiff for the sportbike position :lol: [/quote]

·
co-sponsor
4,082 Posts

I guess it is a little more dangerous doin high speed corners but I have been riding for 36 years and pretty much know my limits.
Ever tried a trackday??? :twisted: Do one and you'll gain an entirely new understanding of what riding a MC at speed is all about. The FJR is fully capable for a trackday.

Fast on the street 'ain't nuthin compared to track riding, :twisted: and you'll learn and be able to practice skills (in a controlled environment) that can save your hide out on the street.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I haven't but would love to. don't know where there is a track thats not too far away, I'm in western oklahoma, where would be the closest track? also how does it work, do you pay for a day, per hour? special saftey requirements?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
speedie said:
... don't know which bike is faster for sure, think the fjr is but won't know till I run across an X sometime. Has anyone raced an fjr with their X?? who won? Just curious
:twisted: :twisted: I bet you know the answer to this by now :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boy, do I ever! Just got back from a 200 mi. ride and it was great, one tank of gas. do need a cruise control, right hand gets a little numb. seems like the more miles I get on it the faster it gets 8) Its the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time :D

·
co-sponsor
4,082 Posts

I don't know what tracks are close to you. I bet the guys on the WERA board could tell you. As far as organizations, there's a handful out here where I am, NESBA, Sport Bike Ttacktime (STT), Team Pro-Motion, etc.....

·
Registered
667 Posts
congrats . all of this and a place to put things . go figure. i am going after the kawi 14 as soon as they show up at the dealers . hows the seat ? the only down side to a touring bike i can forsee is my HD ridding buds wont want to ride with me because i wont want to stop every 30 miles . i will pick up a gps also when i get one . did you get antilock and if so have you tride them out yet .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea I was thinking of getting the kaw 14, but its the first year so could be some issues, the fjr is proven. the seat is a little hard but nothing I can't tolorate for now, yes all the new fjr's are abs, havent tried it yet, something in all my years of riding non abs bikes, won't let me trust em and stomp the peddel. have hit the brakes hard in city traffic and had to peel my wife off my back :lol: Also someone said the kaw is faster, that is not proven yet, it has a few more HP but less tourque and is heavier. :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts