Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an '07 VTX-T 1300 last week. I've got my 600 miles on it and need to bring it back to the dealer for the first service. Besides the routine oil and filter change does anyone have any suggestions of other things that I need to get the dealer to check? I've had no troubles other than some annoying plastic on plastic squeaking in the left side of the front fork. I'd sure appreciate any insight!! 8)

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Just wanted to say congrats on the new bike and welcome!!! After spending lots of money at the dealer for my first 3 maintenances I found someone here locally that works on the vtx's and now I take mine to him.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
just picked up an '07 VTX-T 1300 last week. I've got my 600 miles on it and need to bring it back to the dealer for the first service. Besides the routine oil and filter change does anyone have any suggestions of other things that I need to get the dealer to check? I've had no troubles other than some annoying plastic on plastic squeaking in the left side of the front fork. I'd sure appreciate any insight!!
First off, welcome to the board and the X family. As for the squeaking spray some sillicone lube around under the fork covers and see if that doesn't eliminate the noise. After the 600 mile checkup I would learn how to do the rest yourself. This board will help just ask the questions and get a repair manual.
Leo

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Just that they really do indeed check the valves w/ a feeler guage and not just an ear guage. :wink: Mine were supposedly done at 600 (not) and a few were well out of adj at 1,100 miles when I checked them.

Biddy

·
Registered
343 Posts
First,
WELCOME to the board and glad to have ya!!!

As for the scoot, just follow the maintainence schedule in your owners manual and make SURE whoever does your maintainence actually does what they're supposed to, keep your tires guaged at least once a week, (I run 3 PSI OVER fully loaded pressures listed on the drive shaft), check the fluid levels before every trip, and ride it like you stole it!!!! These are virtually trouble free bikes with just a little care.

Houndog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts