·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks great! 8)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Very Nice! I love the White Wall look.

I'm getting ready for a new set of rubber on my 1800R. Give me suggestions, Size manufacture Ect. I would like to go a little wider but I don't want to have to cut or mod the rails unless absolutly necessary. Only because I don't have access to a facility to remove the wheels and cut the rails.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
good morning Hoss.

do you have 180 or 190 on now? i could be incorrect, but i have been told (my friend has a 1800) that you can easily go to a 210 without any fender mods. double check on that, but she has 200's and lowered the bike and there is still plenty room for the tire to breathe. of course when she hits a bump too hard and someone is on the back, it is a little ruff.

but then again, as mentioned earlier, she lowered the back end.

good luck

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoss said:

I'm getting ready for a new set of rubber on my 1800R. Give me suggestions, Size manufacture Ect. I would like to go a little wider but I don't want to have to cut or mod the rails unless absolutly necessary. Only because I don't have access to a facility to remove the wheels and cut the rails.

Any suggestions?
Father X is correct as far as Dunlop is concerned. I just came off their website and the tires on the 1300 are as large as they make WWW. maybe continental?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Highlander said:
Hoss said:

Any suggestions?
Father X is correct as far as Dunlop is concerned. I just came off their website and the tires on the 1300 are as large as they make WWW. maybe continental?
Didn't have to ww's. Just looking for the widest I can go on the Retro without major mods.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Highlander said:
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/highlander1

FINALLY, the wide whites, they look great don't they
Hey Mike,

Nice tires......this is gonna cost me....gotta keep up with the Jones'.

Sounds like you all had a great ride over the weekend. We had a great cruise up the coast on Elena Lua and spent 3 days on-board at Peck Lake beach.

Sometimes I have to kick back and go slow. I've been told that the time spent sailing gets added at the end. I know that IRON BUTT took a few days off the end.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hey Highlander. I like the white walls. I need to get some for my bike. I also like your light bar you have on your machine. What for light bar is that? I am getting ready to get one and l like the looks of yours. Is that the Cobra Light Bar from Honda Online Direct? Sure looks good.

Thanks,

Tlyoungb

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tlyoungb said:
Hey Highlander. I like the white walls. I need to get some for my bike. I also like your light bar you have on your machine. What for light bar is that? I am getting ready to get one and l like the looks of yours. Is that the Cobra Light Bar from Honda Online Direct? Sure looks good.

Thanks,

Tlyoungb
Actually it is the honda line light bar and windshield. I agree it does look great, and thanks. Hal does sell them at HDL.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mike:

Looks sweeeet! Just in time for the cruise to Leesburg. See you next week. 8)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just think I'm not close to done. I think I should be the new father X.

I reserved a camp site in the middle of town today, so ride home up wind Jeff.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think so too. I wonder if that Honda Line Light Bar will fit with the Memphis Shades?

tlyoungb

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that I dont know. I had to install it to install the honda shield. I don't know why it wouldn't but most of the mfg's like to sell there stuff to go with.

I have an Idea. If no one else wants to come along I thought I would come up your way on saturday and wake up some old people with you.
let me know.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
tlyoungb said:
I think so too. I wonder if that Honda Line Light Bar will fit with the Memphis Shades?

tlyoungb
Yepper. It will fit.

You will have problems fitting in the opposite direction, meaning, Honda windshield with another manufactures light bar.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi Highlander,

Man that would be awesome. I would love to, but my problem this weekend is I am putting in crown molding in our on room. The wife just got some new furniture, and all week long we have been painting the inside of the house. Now she wants crown molding in the one front room.

Man if I didn't have to put up that stuff I would be out riding, but you know how it goes. Honey do list. The one thing I want to do before I leave this ol world behind is to ride from here to Sturgis. That would be a great ride.

tlyoungb

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
she wants it let her put it up, the is the new malenium right?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts