Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome to the VTXASG (VTX Addition Support Group) .... where we gladly support each other's addiction. :D

Where in UK do you hail from?

And "you all" is pronounced "y'all" here in Texas. :D

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Welcome from Dallas Texas.

A lot of information here.

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
Hey all just joined and just received delivery of my 2006 VTX 1300s which was imported from the US in 2010 I absolutely love it and look forward to getting lots of advice from you all, Toad
Welcome to the VTXOA!

You have 1300 C fenders and seat...
Those mufflers sure look long!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome.

Are you sure yours is a 1300S? You seem to have a mismatch of parts on the bike. It looks like an actual 1300 C with the handlebar and exhaust from an S/R model. Did you import it like this or did you mod it?

Has it passed inspection in the UK and is it road legal? I ask because it would not be unheard of to receive a modded bike from the USA which won't pass inspection in the European Union. Common with imported HDs.

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
Welcome.
Are you sure yours is a 1300S? You seem to have a mismatch of parts on the bike. It looks like an actual 1300 C with the handlebar and exhaust from an S/R model. Did you import it like this or did you mod it?
It is not a 1300C Handlebar, 1300C has welded risers.

·
Old Goat
24,186 Posts
The bike is a C with what appears to be r bars and risers.... the mufflers appear to be R also....but could be the angle...OEM c lower muffler stops at trailing edge of rotor..
Look under left side cover (sitting on bike) sticker will tell the tale....

·
Registered
372 Posts
It is not a 1300C Handlebar, 1300C has welded risers.
Yep, that's what I said. The bike is a 1300 C with both the handlebar and exhaust from a Retro/Spokes. As uncommon as an R/S exhaust is on a C model, my main concern would thus be that there are other mods that aren't compatible with UK road laws. Given the R exhaust and that this is a US import, the baffles being drilled/removed is the first thing I'd be checking ASAP as this would be a very expensive issue to fix if present (UK is very strict with noise/OEM stuff).

Even the mirrors need to have an E label (proving the mirror adheres to laws in the EU). No E label, no passing inspection. Those of you with car tires would have a blast passing an inspection over here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome from sunny Rotherham UK Where are in the UK?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts