Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my bike on the road in NH, moved up from Mass, called three inspection stations this mornning all three asked if I had after market pipes when I answered yes they told me not to bother to come in. I'm running V&H bigshots on my 1300, they all told me I have to put unmodified stock pipes back on to issue me an inspection sticker...what crap. I'm not against curbing noise but to say the only pipes you can have installed must be stock is pure BS. I can't blame the the inspection stations it's sounds if their hands are tied and will be fined heavily for passing out stickers for modified exhausts. Anybody else have a similar situation, anyway around this besides not getting inspected?

I told them the new legislation is not passed yet, and would not be put in place till next year..

What ever happen to live free or die?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Mr_X said:
I told them the new legislation is not passed yet, and would not be put in place till next year..

It's been changed to "Live with Tree Huggers or Move!!!!"
I'm glad we don't have to put up with this crap here in Texas... just to ride a few months out of the year. :shock: :p :lol:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Mr_X said:
To steal Xlr8's quote ...... guess you had better get busy dyin' :lol:

Just get some eBay stockers and slap 'em on for the inspection. 8)

·
Registered
643 Posts
I live in NH and I have no problem with inspections. I have the Roadhouse slip-ons of course. I think what the isspection stations should have told you is that if it is not a muffled exhaust, it will not pass. I talked to a few of the inspection stations before I installed the slip-ons, and ask if I would have a problem. All of them said no, there would not be any problems. The problem is with straight pipes (NO MUFFLER).
THEY WILL NOT PASS STRAIGHT PIPES!!!!!!
I live on a main highway/route and I'll tell you that when a bike with straight pipes goes by the house and your trying to have a converstation with someone or watch a DVD you just rented or what ever, IT [email protected]#KS!! The same goes for those people that drive by with their car stereo soo loud, that the walls shake.

IMHO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.