Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out Tuesday for parts unknown. I've never seen Niagra Falls so I'm thinking about heading up there and then over to Port Dover, Ontario. If anyone has any info on the area let me know and post some pics and routes of the area.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I've never had the motorcycle up there, but the wife and I did bike ride along the river from the falls to lake Ontario. Was nice, theres a few wineries along the way, the town of Niagara on the lake is nice as well. The botanical gardens are cool also (if your into that) This is on the Canadian side of things, cant tell ya much about NY. I imagine riding along the lake must be some nice scenery.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Depends on which way you come in....
come in from the east I would recommend rt 18 along lake ontario into lewiston...once there definitely cross and ride the niagara parkway to niagara-on-the-lake..very scenic
from buffalo there isn't too much as far as scenery..the 190 will run along the lake and river to the robert moses parkway which is a nice ride...right near the falls

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Hey dezzy7

Do yourself a favor and head to the Canadian side. Not too much in the way of scenery on the US side. The view of the falls is way better and as biod929 said, Niagara-on-the-Lake is beautiful. The ride from Niagara Falls to NOTL along the parkway is also really nice with some great places to stop and view the river etc. There are literally hundreds of bikes along the parkway every weekend.
As for Port Dover, the ride out there is pretty flat and boring but if you are there on Friday 13th it will be anything but boring. I'm hoping to get there myself. Check this out... http://www.pd13.com

Cheers
Jthree

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Niagara Parkway between Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls was once referred to by Sir Winston Churchill as "the world's prettiest drive". Not so sure I would go that far, but it is a beautiful drive just the same. Better to visit the area during the week though, as parking in N-O-T-L is pretty scarce on the weekend.

Also, if you're into live theatre, they have the Shaw Festival there. Here is a B&B link, which also includes plenty of information on the area.

http://www.niagarabedandbreakfasts.com/

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for the information 8)

I'm considering making reservations for friday night somewhere in the vicinity of Port Dover. Is it a weekend event or just that Friday during the day and/or Friday night? I'ld appreciate if anyone could send me some info on the area or send me websites to a visitor's guide.

I wont know whether I'll be there are not until the wheels start turning on Tuesday morning 8)

Thanks 8)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Most places around Port Dover are booked months (sometimes a year) in advance so I don't think you'll find anything. I tried back in April with no success. Plan on going for part of the day and then heading out somewhere else to stay.

Cheers

Jthree

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Closest hotel I found was about 35-40 miles away... Not a bad ride though.

I was wondering what the site seeing is like in the area... anyone have any must see sites?

·
Registered
61 Posts
you currently don't need a passport if travelling by land.....
for now that is..but lots of ID is good to have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts