Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Third shifter here and let me just say that I'm addicted to looking up all sorts of stuff on this board. If it weren't for this group, my shift would crawl by. Any other third shifters or night owls in this situation? :)

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Burnin the midnight oil here :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I change from days to nights and back every 6 weeks. I work 12 hour shifts also. I can't use the internet at work, but I keep my same sleeping schedule on my days off so this forum is good for killing time (and learning a lot about my bike) while the family sleeps.

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
I'm a night person too, 12 hour shifts. Been off for 8 days, go back tonight. See you guys tonight.;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Was a 3rd shifter, now I work 2 pm - 2 am and I LOVE it!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I worked graveyard for eleven years (1990 - 2001) as a field engineer for Xerox. Riding around and getting out of your van at 3:00 in the morning can be 'very interesting' in some parts of downtown.

I often think back an wonder how I did it for so many years, but that was when I 'wore a younger man's clothes'.

Mo' power to anyone who can work graveyard.

It's tough, but someone has to do it. :lol:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Rotating **** work here

Yep, I'm currently working the mid shift, not all that bad. 10pm to 6am
I work all three shifts, rotate every 16 weeks, not as bad as some folks that rotate on a weekly basis, that would kill this ol'fart.
However, if it weren't for forums like this one, the nights would go on forever.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
4pm-midnight here. Kinda sucks, but I have all morning and most afternoon to do what I need!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
10p-6a here. i'm off tonight and fell asleep at 11, as usual, when I do that, up, bright eyed and bushy tailed by 3am.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Didn't think 1800 or 1300 mattered for this question...

Normal schedule - I work 3 weeks 6am to 2pm, 5 days, 5 days, then 6
days, then 2pm to 10pm for 7 days, then 10 pm to 6am for 7 days,...

IT SUCKS!!!

In an "outage" right now, 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, 6pm to 6am!
for 30 to 50 days depending on if they stay on schedule or not, and
if anything "breaks" or not.

(what day is it, anyhow???)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Been working the night shift for about 15 years, 6p - 6a. Great in the summer but sucks in the winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i work from 6 pm to 4 am. I usualy take my bike to work. I have to ride through a wildlife management area to get to work. I see between 5 and 10 deer every night. It sucks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts