Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He everyone,

just bought a lightbar from a friend. It's Big Bike Parts Contour Driving Lights with mini halogens. There are three wires that are connected to the switch:

#1. Blue wire from relay is position 1 on switch.
#2. Orange wire from switch, to accessory power is position 2
#3. Green wire from switch is ground, and postion 3 on the switch.

When he shipped it to me, wires 1 and 3 were reversed, ( I didn't know)
So after installing everything, I turned the ignition to the on position, and pushed the switch button. Well that knocked out everything. Checked all fuses in the fusebox, and they are all good. What else could it be?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Fuses

You have two fuse boxes. One on each side of the bike. Did you check them both? I believe the one on the left will take out all of the power.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx alot xtreem,

You were dead on. One 30 amp fuse was fryed. Never knew that there were fuses on that side.

Man I Love This Board!!!!

Thx again, now I can go cruisin

·
Registered
204 Posts
No Prob

No problem, That is why were here. Have a great time ridin. I would be out too but my bike is down awaiting hte arrival of new clutc.h

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, That was close JD. It reminds me that, when you buy used, one should inspect the item thoroughly before iinstalling it, regardless of who you purchased it from.

My Pop's favorite line was:

Measure twice, cut once, not the other way around. I'm beginning to see the wisdom in that as I get older.

extreem,

How many miles did you get on the OEM clutch? Trying to gather info for future reference.

Thx

·
Registered
204 Posts
c,tch

titanium681 said:
Yeah, That was close JD. It reminds me that, when you buy used, one should inspect the item thoroughly before iinstalling it, regardless of who you purchased it from.

My Pop's favorite line was:

Measure twice, cut once, not the other way around. I'm beginning to see the wisdom in that as I get older.

extreem,

How many miles did you get on the OEM clutch? Trying to gather info for future reference.

Thx
I got about 7 or 8000 miles but I am very hard on my bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts