Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
http://www.ride-on.com/
Anybody use this stuff? if so what do you think?
Maybe it will work great. However, I'd never use because it'll gunk up the rims and be a mess when changing tires. IMO, it might be barely tolerable if you were changing tires every 30,000 miles or so but as often as we change tires I wouldn't go that route.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Actually it does not mess up the rims. If installed properly it never touches the rim and even if it does it is non corrosive. Yes- I've used it. Never tested it (no punctures) and it did make the ride smoother. Don't use anymore due to cost. Not enough miles in bike tires to justify.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have it in my tires right now. It made the ride noticeably smoother when I put it in. Haven't had a puncture yet so don't know on that. As Sam said - it isnt corrosive and does not touch the rim. It isn't the same as the old green slime crap. It also cleans up with water.

Only negative I have noticed is if the bike sits for a few days in warmer weather it will tend to accumulate in the bottom of the tire and takes about half mile to redistribute. Little bit of a rough ride a first.
Hope that helps:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts