Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here is my problem ....so I rode up to jarome az and stopped and got some food ...started my bike and went to head out and it was dieing on me so I figured it was the fuel pump so I got it home and put in a new fuel pump I had from my 1800c before but now I'm having the same issue after about 2 min of riding it..... when I open the throttle in any gear the bike boggs down and when I let up off the throttle it goes to normal but when I get back on it it boggs down ...also if I turn the bike off for like 10 min and ride it the bike rides great but around the 2 min mark it acts up again .I'm lost and can't figure out what it could be please any help would be wonderful

·
Premium Member
8,444 Posts
ok so here is my problem ....so I rode up to jarome az and stopped and got some food ...started my bike and went to head out and it was dieing on me so I figured it was the fuel pump so I got it home and put in a new fuel pump I had from my 1800c before but now I'm having the same issue after about 2 min of riding it..... when I open the throttle in any gear the bike boggs down and when I let up off the throttle it goes to normal but when I get back on it it boggs down ...also if I turn the bike off for like 10 min and ride it the bike rides great but around the 2 min mark it acts up again .I'm lost and can't figure out what it could be please any help would be wonderful
Do you have an aftermarket fuel manager?

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
When it bogs down, quickly stop the bike and open the fuel cap. If you hear air rushing in when you open the cap, your tank vent is blocked and that is causing fuel starvation.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,610 Posts
Your first thread, did you check any of the suggestions?
Ground fix?
2 pin connector near the starter relay?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I would look for any sings of aftermarket bullshit being connected to, or have been connected to the the ECM, TPS. Get that crap out of there and repair whatever damage was done to wiring.

Reactions: rangers4u
1 - 6 of 6 Posts