Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks 100% better with the emblem left ON. It is the best looking tank emblem I have ever seen except for the classic Triumph. The tank and the bike lose alot of class with it's removal. IMO

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm with you! One of the classiest emblems. Adds to the awesome lines of the X.

I just hope mine stays attached. Have read that some have had problems with the tape coming loose.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That is what I thought till mine started to peel off. I could not get the thin tail part to stay on. Once I started to catch on it I decided to take it off. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but it looks a lot cleaner now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
1300 tank

100% better, and the triumph is at the top with the 1300 emblem. I loved my old triumphs, but the 1300 vtx is in class by it self.
Don HUrd
D'Ray

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah, I like the emblem also.

Hey DentalRep, how long til yours started to peel. Maybe I can do something to prevent it. :?

G

·
0 Posts
StressPuppy said:
I'm with you! One of the classiest emblems. Adds to the awesome lines of the X.

I just hope mine stays attached. Have read that some have had problems with the tape coming loose.
I'm not trying to start trouble...honest, but I don't see how the curve of the tank and the straight emblem go together. To me it stuck out and took away from the lines of the X.

Just my opinion....

·
Registered
27 Posts
tank emblem

i like it better w/o emblem, for one thing, i always have to bend over and look close to see the difference between 1300 & 1800. i'm gettin' old maybe my eyes are just goin' :eek:)

G

·
0 Posts
On my way home I stopped a few times with the bike on the trailor and I had alot of people ask WTH is that a skeloton or a feather what is it? I agree I took mine off if it had curves like the bike I would like it.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I have two tanks, one with the original emblems and one without emblems
or tank seams. I like them both.

G

·
0 Posts
On my way home I stopped a few times with the bike on the trailor and I had alot of people ask WTH is that a skeleton or a feather what is it? I agree I took mine off if it had curves like the bike I would like it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I like the looks of the emblem also. The pics of the bikes without it also look great. Overall it's a great looking bike with or without the tank emblem.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I think the emblems look fine on stock bikes, it seems to compliment the classic cruiser look with lightbar,shield and bags

....but there is something to be said about those who customize and personalize thier rides so they dont look like every other X that rolled off the showroom floor.

The Hot Rod, mono-chromatic look is not your typical cruiser theme
but thats the beauty of this bike, you can make it your own..
I agree....well said.
I would have left it if it was a quality metal/chrome emplem but the cheesey plastic hazy finish did nothing for me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine have started to peel away from the tank at the tail of the emblem. Some co-workers asked me if my bike was an Indian...until they saw the Honda logo on the crankcase. I wouldn't mind taking them off, but its a stocker with no major changes. I'll probably pull them off once I put on a mortons raked front end and the Foots rear tire mod! It'll look more custom that way...IMHO.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I love the look of the emblem. It looks classy IMO. But with or without the emblem, the X is one awesome looking bike!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts