Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Good find but not what you wanted to see, right? But at least it is not some mystery that you cannot solve.
The electrician in me says to fix it right and wire in a new connector. One that can handle the amperage to avoid this exact same problem in the future.
If you have electrical skills, this fix should be trivial. If not, ask a buddy. Offer a six-pack. (provide it AFTER he wires it up, LOL)
Let us know how you make out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So i have a 2004 VTX1300 S. I bought new NEVER ANY issues. Just bought a new battery a month ago (seemed weak starting) and keep it on trickle. Took it out yesterday for a long ride about 80 miles and take a break, buddy says your front blinker bulb is out. I have one and change it and even though i had a hard time seating the bulb correctly i check it and it seems fine. We get set to go and no power to the bike at all (dead) like WTF. So, remove the bulb within a minute of playing around all of the sudden power returns, leave bulb out drive all day get home. Go get new bulbs today and replace, test, start bike check it seems fine. Go to put back in garage DEAD no power to anything. All battery connections Tight, all fuses perfect, led lights turn on Connected direct to battery and have back on trickle even thought it was running ten minutes ago. Sorry for the long story any thoughts??? alternator ? ignition?

Thanks,
Dan
Yeah, you can buy a bad battery. Take it back and have it load tested. If it's bad the retailer should replace it. If it isn't bad check your solenoid connections.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts